Honored Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - - - December 2016

LJ and Jena,  Do you remember when I went through my Glam Rock phase?   Dug this one out for a new battery last week.   Always enjoy wearing them,  I think I have 3, because they're so easy to read.   This one has a sterling bezel,  strap made in France,  watch is Swiss made.   It's about 45mm.  It's my favorite.   I think most are selling for about $450.

20161216_182711.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Kachina:  that's a great looking watch.   I love the dial and the combination of the roman # numbers with the sterling rope bezel is very distinctive.   Glad you are enjoying your collection.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Kachina.  Long time no see. I have one of those Glams. Neat watches.  I like yours also.  Easy to read is right.  And mine is like nothing else I own.  I like different.  Smiley Winkimage.jpeg

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jenagal I have two similar to yours,  Jena.   One is a peachy beige python with diamonds on the bezel and the other is teal croc,  both about 45mm.  I discovered this one too,  completely different.   It's about 38mm, can you see the enamel on the bezel?   Yes,  I'm always on the lookout for "different". 

20161220_235400.jpg

Respected Contributor

Kachina and Jena:  I escaped the Glam Rock phase.  Now seeing your watches,  I don't know why I didn't buy any.  Your Glam Rocks rock! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I ordered the I Force automatic with the poly strap on Sunday evening for my avid scuba diving BIL

I just got it!

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I ordered the I Force automatic with the poly strap on Sunday evening for my avid scuba diving BIL

I just got it!

Ok Andreatoo, you just got it AND???  We need your review!  

When it comes to those Glams, I'm thinking I have another one.  I'll have to go look.  Hmmmm.  Anyway I figure mine is a 45mm also.  Or maybe 42mm??

I own a couple of older I Forces.  I'll have to look for those also.  

Honored Contributor

@jenagirl
I can't really review it since I only opened it up to look at it but we decided to give it to him today since it is his birthday. lol the timing couldn't have been more perfect! It's his combo present since my husband starts a new job after the holidays. I must say though that I really like those yellow leatherette boxes that they come in. Great price $64?!
Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Kachina and Jena:  I escaped the Glam Rock phase.  Now seeing your watches,  I don't know why I didn't buy any.  Your Glam Rocks rock! Smiley Happy

LJ,  you always said they were too large for your taste.   Of course taste is subject to change. 

Trusted Contributor

Hope everyone survived so far.  Sun shining bright and blue skies.  A crispby 19 deg.  Nice inside looking out.

Well a long time ago, I believe it was Java pushing the XO Skeleton.  So I ended up with two. The SS with red stones and the GT with blue stones.  I decided it looked Christmasy.  

Kachina, you like different..do you own one of these? Smiley Wink

image.jpeg