Trusted Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS - - - - - December 2016

[ Edited ]

Ok, the new thread finally arrived.  We are looking for it every now and then,. Smiley Wink.  How can we not have a year end thread?

Tis the season, Merry Christmas and Hanukkah.  We are all busy doing our thing (for me it's getting in the mood) and for the mid America many are putting up with below zero temperatures.  East coast also.  

I must admit I haven't been looking at watches.  Maybe finally had enough.  Wear what I have.  But I will look at any newbies anyone finds and posts here.  That's why my collection is large, I like what someone else finds and then I am on the chase.  

Have a nice holiday everyone.  Stay warm and take advantage of the coupons and discounts.  Another reason why we have so many watches.  Smiley Wink

Anyone around?   Hope everyone is well. 

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Honored Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - - - December 2016

@jenagal wrote:

Ok, the new thread finally arrived.  We are looking for it every now and then,. Smiley Wink.  How can we not have a year end thread?

Tis the season, Merry Christmas and Hanukkah.  We are all busy doing our thing (for me it's getting in the mood) and for the mid America many are putting up with below zero temperatures.  East coast also.  

I must admit I haven't been looking at watches.  Maybe finally had enough.  Wear what I have.  But I will look at any newbies anyone finds and posts here.  That's why my collection is large, I like what someone else finds and then I am on the chase.  

Have a nice holiday everyone.  Stay warm and take advantage of the coupons and discounts.  Another reason why we have so many watches.  Smiley Wink

Anyone around?   Hope everyone is well. 

Good morning, I am not a watch collector, however if I keep purchasing I guess I will be lol.  A few weeks ago I did purchase the versus versace watch with the zipper detail.  It is a little quirky and I think it is cute.  it was a TS and I used a 20% coupon.    I got the black so it is now pretty much my everyday watch..  So now I have two invictas, two versus.  from Evine, I am watching watch shows from time to time lol. Who knew. 

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the thread, Yellow919. I looked up the Versus and some are quirky as you said. I like watches that are different. Those 20% or so discounts gets me every time. You gotta feel like you got a deal. Smiley Wink. 2 watches, oh my. That was a lifetime ago for me.
Trusted Contributor

Hi @jenagal, glad to see the thread back!

I haven't been interested in a new watch in a while. But I caved and bought the TTV SAN I with the purple abalone dial the other day. I got the option with the white strap and rose gold case.

Trusted Contributor

Aprimo, nice watch..I remember that.  Oh the fun of having a watch on its way.  I miss that.  I look now and then but so far nothing grabs me.  Thank goodness.  We know how it is to chase something.....nice hearing from you.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Hello ladies.

I see we've all been busy. And not many exciting watches around.

I did pick up a SAN I puppy that was on sale.

Only 2 more days to work, and I'll be retired! My official date is the end of the year, but I have some vacation days I'm using. Exciting, but lots to do with getting health insurance and all that.

Unfortunately, instead of just kicking back after the first of the year.  I'll also be taking a semi-emergent trip to Germany in mid-January due to health issues of my SO's aunt (that's who we always stayed with when there).

I hope everyone is well! I'm trying to stay warm with our 8 degree temps and -6 windchill, brrrr.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Jazzy.  Retirement Soon.  You worked hard for it and finally here it is.  It's wonderful if you can keep your health. For if you don't, then not so much fun.  

Puppy huh?  That's one watch I don't own.  I like it though.  

My sack of dead watches is still sitting, waiting....now it's too close to Christmas to bother him with it.  So I must wait awhile longer.  

We haven't heard from Lavenderjunkie for some time.  Hope all is well.

Saturday night we are in for -40 temps.  That's what they say, I hope it's not true.  Monday we are back up to the +30's.  Unbelievable.

Stay warm everyone. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi guys I haven't been on this thread in a while and I'm sorry but did you see that iridescent Invicta?! That one really got my attention. I believe the last one I picked up was the Invicta TTV dragon. Beautiful watch and it's one that my husband and I can share since it's a strap. We got the black and silver rendition. I was happy to see Wing finally back with the Aragon line but I didn't purchase anything
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone. Glad to see some returning posters as well as some newer names.

I'm here.   Jena,  thanks for starting the new thread.

I bought a new computer and have been spending the last 2 weeks getting it installed and trying to resolve issues.  In the end,  I had to send it back since neither microsoft or hp had any idea why the system was hanging at times and not responding to anything.

Now,  I'm on the hunt for another computer.   As soon as I think I found something good,  I check the reviews,  and it's back to square one.  HSN has a TS for tomorrow that looked good,   but I'm not happy after reading the reviews.

I was very tempted by the purple abalone dial watch.  It was really a beauty. When it arrives,  please let us know how you like it.  Had it been on a bracelet,  I would have ordered it for sure.   But I really don't enjoy strap watches and I have more than enough of them anyway.

It's not that I need,  or even want another watch.  I have so many that need batteries. That's a real downer.  I was tempted,  but resisted, the Vulcan 42mm diamond dial Invicta on a bracelet that was an OTO this week.  Maybe I am really watch satisfied,  finally.

Jazzy:  congratulations on a well earned retirement.  Hope your trip isn't too stressful.

Respected Contributor

Two tempting watches,  a SAN I and a Grand Diver... both in 38mm with a neon apatite bezel and automatic movement.  I've lusted after the men's versions for years.  But the 38mm version doesn't have a Swiss Automatic movement.  Even on sale,  the pricing is too high for me.  And I know that the quality of the apatite stones can be iffy, and they are fragile.  Talked myself out of it,  for now.  Smiley Happy