Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - DECEMBER

Glad you got the great price LJ! I received an answer to my email from Shop and my request for a price adjustment was denied, because I didn't purchase them both in the same order. I guess I could send them both back and re-order. But I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle.

Since I'm such a good enabler, here's another heads up. Michele watches are on RueLaLa this morning. I think their boutiques are usually active for three days.

Respected Contributor

Aprimo: you could order a new set of the Speedways and then return one set before the end of January using the original invoice, assuming you ordered the originals while the holiday return policy was in effect. It would cost you the return postage and the hassle to pack it up and go to the post office. Only you can decide if the deal is worth it.... depends upon how much money there is to save. I'd also suggest calling CS on Monday or Tuesday and having a conversation with them. As long as all the watches are within the holiday return policy they have nothing to gain by making you order a second set and returning the first one. As a matter of fact, they lose... they can't sell the set you return until they get it back (lost revenue opportunity), you are not a happy camper (bad PR), and it cost them money to process the return. You can sweetly explain that to them and then ask for a supervisor if the rep says no.

Respected Contributor

Aprimo: how much was the Speedway when it was a TTV?

Trusted Contributor

Hmm... excellent strategy LJ, I think I will try that. It would be a savings of $87.50 so I certainly think it's at least worth a phone call.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/14/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Aprimo: how much was the Speedway when it was a TTV?

I don't remember. I bought mine after it was a TTV, when it went down to the holiday price of $149 and change. The second one I got at that price, less the 15% off coupon, but I paid $9.99 shipping each time. I'm thinking the TTV price was very similar to the current holiday price. Maybe Java will remember.

Respected Contributor

Hi

Thanks aprimo for the tip! You're the best. Ordered a black 45mm for DJF and a 38mm in red. He deserves a watch after his ordeal. The watch was first offered at $249 as a TTV and then it was still a good deal. I passed on it then, because I had purchased the RD (Swiss Made) with red strap. The VPs may improve after this evening, but I wanted to make sure that I got the ones I wanted. There are dive cases involved here. DJF only wanted the black. I almost ordered the black one, but I was really drawn to the red. Second choice: blue.

Respected Contributor

On 12/14/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Aprimo: you could order a new set of the Speedways and then return one set before the end of January using the original invoice, assuming you ordered the originals while the holiday return policy was in effect. It would cost you the return postage and the hassle to pack it up and go to the post office. Only you can decide if the deal is worth it.... depends upon how much money there is to save. I'd also suggest calling CS on Monday or Tuesday and having a conversation with them. As long as all the watches are within the holiday return policy they have nothing to gain by making you order a second set and returning the first one. As a matter of fact, they lose... they can't sell the set you return until they get it back (lost revenue opportunity), you are not a happy camper (bad PR), and it cost them money to process the return. You can sweetly explain that to them and then ask for a supervisor if the rep says no.

I have done the same thing with other watches.

Respected Contributor

LavJ: Are you in?

Red or blue?

Duh. I reread your post once I was awake. Great choices. Look forward to your report.

Respected Contributor

Be sure you really want your orders. Cancel button has already disappeared.

Respected Contributor

Java: red and blue! Had to order 2 to get the deal. Smile I remember when the watch was the TTV, but didn't remember it was $249. Think I saw it at $149 a few weeks ago, but stayed strong. There must be an alert out on me.... lower the prices enough and LJ will buy! At $100 off the second watch they come to $100 each+tax+shipping. For Swiss made watches, with exotic straps, I can't resist.

As an aside, I have a Croton watch with a stingray strap. The strap wears like iron. It will last for decades I think. Looks brand new even tho the watch has been worn dozens of times.

Enjoy your new watch and I hope DJF enjoys his also. Hope he's doing better.