Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - DECEMBER

On 12/31/2014 Lavenderjunkie said:

OK, aprimo, I'm going to look at the SAN. I'm not going to buy it, since I already have the SAN on a strap and really prefer the bracelet.... but I'm gong to look anyway. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Whew, I'm safe. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I really like the SAN III in GT, but I can pass this one up. Swiss made watches are hard to find these days at good prices. I think the 42mm SAN III on the strap would work well for a man with a smaller wrist. It's a big watch and it sits up high. Style is aggressive also.

There's a GT one on a bracelet for even less. Did you see it? I am being SO bad, trolling the Invicta new arrivals on WoW! There are a bunch of great watches over there right now. There is a women's Bolt chrono (Lady Zeus, I think) in rose/brown with a diamond bezel that's pretty amazing. Those aren't even colors I'm usually drawn to, but if it were $350 instead of $650, I'd have a hard time walking away. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Trusted Contributor

On 12/28/2014 aubnwa01 said:
Invicta Angel Silver Dial 18kt Gold Ion-plated Ladies Watch 15624
One of the 2 narrow little center links is where the collar fit when I was sizing the bracelet on this one & only one of the links had a hole big enough for the collar to fit into & then, the pin went thru all.

Aubnwa01 I received the same watch but in the ss/rt. Haven't sized it yet(will have jeweler do that), but it is a very nice watch fro the price. Wish they had it in all silver because I would have gotten that too.

I also caved on another michele...some great prices on their web site! I ordered the rectangle jelly bl/bl....hope I like it. Think it will be a good everryday one because I won't have to worry about it during outdoor or gym activities

TM welcome and congrats on your watches!

Congrats on all the new watches...hope you all wear in good health fro many years to come. Happy New Year!!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon gals. Enabling Huh? Well how about one of my favs, the Bella 40034-SG-22, or #244630. TT, YT & SS, 38x26mm for ONLY $79.99. (@WOW). With mrrebates, any possible coupons (haven't looked). ???? I have the YT Bella, could easily buy more at these prices.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

On 12/31/2014 equss said:
On 12/28/2014 aubnwa01 said:
Invicta Angel Silver Dial 18kt Gold Ion-plated Ladies Watch 15624
One of the 2 narrow little center links is where the collar fit when I was sizing the bracelet on this one & only one of the links had a hole big enough for the collar to fit into & then, the pin went thru all.

Aubnwa01 I received the same watch but in the ss/rt. Haven't sized it yet(will have jeweler do that), but it is a very nice watch fro the price. Wish they had it in all silver because I would have gotten that too.

I also caved on another michele...some great prices on their web site! I ordered the rectangle jelly bl/bl....hope I like it. Think it will be a good everryday one because I won't have to worry about it during outdoor or gym activities

TM welcome and congrats on your watches!

Congrats on all the new watches...hope you all wear in good health fro many years to come. Happy New Year!!

Thank you, Equss! My SL Throttle is apparently out for delivery as we speak! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I'll let you all know what I think of it. HAPPY NEW YEAR, Watch Collectors! May you all have a healthy, happy and prosperous 2015!

Respected Contributor

Well, I see you all have been busy. Smiley Happy Enjoy your new watches. TM, you better hold on tight to your wallet. This thread should be named the "enabler's" thread. LOL.

In regard to the women's SANIII, actually shop had a better price at $189. That was the one I purchased as a "consolation' for not getting the LZ. The black MOP is stunning and now I have a dilemma.

Those prices.

My theor y about "inflated" price on the Swiss Parts models is that they were created for the shop market. I know someone who purchased for his wife and she didn't care about "Swiss Parts" vs. "
Swiss Made." They are sold out now, but the price point is about what one paid for the Swiss parts gemstone watches. Many of us didn't wait for a sale on those

I think also the fact that it was a "first" played a role in determining the price. First-runs are usually higher and they are around a long time. They can only reduce the prices so much. I really would prefer a Swiss Made version, but had to realize that 1) it's not a classic watch for the ages and 2) there was a definite ceiling on my price for an LZ. (I ordered it. We will see if I don't come to my senses. LOL.

My problem with the cheaper version is that they promoting like it was the equivalent to the Swiss Made version--with a price to match. At $279, it was a good enough price and I figured we weren't going to see any more of them. Also, I preferred it to the white strapped version. Oh well.

The dilemma now is whether to keep the SANIII (Swiss) or return it. The LZ hasn't shipped yet. It was an advanced order.

Respected Contributor

Java: which color combo did you get on the LZ?

Respected Contributor

Stainless with yellow goldtone. The only one I would consider; fi I had wanted the gold-y versions, I would have gotten the Swiss, if it were possible.

They are all beautiful; I just thought the stainless with gold accents suited me best. White metals look the best on me.

Respected Contributor

Java: the SS/GT is sharp looking. Hope you love the watch.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year!

Time to start a new thread!