Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - DECEMBER

I've ordered the red and the green. I'm going to bed now before I get in more trouble. I'm sure about the red, wavering on the green. Like the grey and the blue too, but already have GT Invictas with those color dials.

Aprimo: if you come up with a use for the 8 slot boxes let me know. I think I have 4 on the way!!!{#emotions_dlg.scared} 2 from the GD and 2 from the Speedway.

Trusted Contributor

I may have lost my mind, but I bought three--red, green and blue. I've wanted a blue-dial Pro Diver forever, but never made up my mind which one.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with the dive boxes. There is only so much room under the bed. Maybe I can sell them on eBay. I'm not sure a pawn shop would take them. What do you think?

Trusted Contributor

Congrats on your purchases...I am still debating the TTV. Love the colors but not the dive box!

Do any of you own Invicta Women's 15623

I like the looks of this one(...especially for the low price I've seen on it both on shop and elsewhere). Plus it 36 X 23mm, so a good size for me. I do not own any invicta two tones and I am rough on my watches so hoping the rose stays put???? My all black invicta has sure held up...very impressed not any scratched off color anywhere. TIA

Forgot to ask where you all find promo codes for shop? If there is a current one I would buy from them...thanks!

Respected Contributor

aprimo: good choices on the watches. Well, any choice is a good one. Smile Because we know how this watch will feel and wear, it's easy to buy more colors. So many on this thread bought the SS version, and everyone reported loving it. So going for the 'gold' just makes a lot of sense if you want/need/like GT watches. And if these every appear as a OO or other special, I can see myself picking up another color too. I wish I had the GT/red already as it would be the perfect watch for today's outfit. I'll have to wear a GT/black watch, since SS will not work with the outfit.

As for the boxes, I have no clue. I've given several away to family members. Don't know what they did with them, don't care. As for all the new ones....I don't have room to store them all. Right now all my empty Invicta dive boxes are stacked on an Oragami SS storage rack in my den. Lovely sight. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

equss: there are rarely promo codes for Shop these days. Once in a while they send an online coupon which is good for a limited time. I don't know of any around today. I guess you could google and see if anything pops up.

As for the 2 tone on Invicta watches, it seems to wear really well. They often promote the fact that their gold layering process is special. The fact of the matter is that plated watches are plated watches and over time the plating will scratch and wear. But the quality of the plating process seems to make a big difference. And at least with the Invicta you won't find any peeling or chipping. I rotate my watches, so I don't wear any single watch often enough to have noticed any problems with the Invicta plating. And I've had some of these watches for many years. I buy Invicta 2 tone and gold tone without any concern.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks LJ...greatly appreciate!!!

Respected Contributor

I was just about to post about that watch. It's in the flash sale and a great (and cheaper!) alternative to the Bronzo tank watch. I think it is a little bigger. A nice classic. Invicta's two-tone holds up very well. As I type, I am wearing a GT Pro Diver automatic. (the Jill watch!). That is my antidote for the TTV.

Respected Contributor

On 12/14/2014 JavaQueen said:

Hi Skylands.

I honestly didn't know. Had to go to Google. Since it is a Disney product, you usually can order from the Disney store. Macy's also listed them. They're about $35.

Thanks! I know. I already dealt Disney. They don't or won't tell me who the vendor is.

FYI........Amazon has best prices = free S&H

Respected Contributor

I know. Amazon is the best!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thanks Java...by flash sale do you mean the $68 price on shop?