Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - DECEMBER

3 hours of Invicta watch shows starting tonight at 6 pm EST.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/14/2014 JavaQueen said:
On 12/14/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Aprimo: you could order a new set of the Speedways and then return one set before the end of January using the original invoice, assuming you ordered the originals while the holiday return policy was in effect. It would cost you the return postage and the hassle to pack it up and go to the post office. Only you can decide if the deal is worth it.... depends upon how much money there is to save. I'd also suggest calling CS on Monday or Tuesday and having a conversation with them. As long as all the watches are within the holiday return policy they have nothing to gain by making you order a second set and returning the first one. As a matter of fact, they lose... they can't sell the set you return until they get it back (lost revenue opportunity), you are not a happy camper (bad PR), and it cost them money to process the return. You can sweetly explain that to them and then ask for a supervisor if the rep says no.

I have done the same thing with other watches.

I may be screwed. They are scheduled to present the watch at 11pm tonight. With that deal, they may sell out before I can call CS tomorrow. Then, bye-bye leverage.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Who is the vendor for these Disney kid watches? Anyone know?

Time Teacher Watch with Nylon Strap and Bezel for Kids - Create Your Own:

Respected Contributor

Hi Skylands.

I honestly didn't know. Had to go to Google. Since it is a Disney product, you usually can order from the Disney store. Macy's also listed them. They're about $35.

Respected Contributor

aprimo: if you order the watches, you keep your option to return a set and get the lower price. Yes, it's a pain, but you can save the $$$. If you wait to talk to CS tomorrow, you may not have the chance to order if they sell out. Neither option is perfect.... but if it were me, I'd order the second set. You might be able to cancel tomorrow, maybe not, but at least you can save the money.

Trusted Contributor

aprimo: if you order the watches, you keep your option to return a set and get the lower price. Yes, it's a pain, but you can save the $$$. If you wait to talk to CS tomorrow, you may not have the chance to order if they sell out. Neither option is perfect.... but if it were me, I'd order the second set. You might be able to cancel tomorrow, maybe not, but at least you can save the money.

You're right LJ, I went ahead and ordered another set. It's worth the hassle for $87.50. Heck, that's the price of another watch!

Trusted Contributor

Hmm.... They just teased the GD Commemorative and they said the GT version is much more limited in quantity than the SS.

Respected Contributor

I saw the red.... I'm staying up. Hopefully the price will be good enough. The SS version was $139 when it was a TTV, later it was down to $123 for the remaining stock.

Trusted Contributor

I saw the red.... I'm staying up. Hopefully the price will be good enough. The SS version was $139 when it was a TTV, later it was down to $123 for the remaining stock.

I'm going to stay up too. If the price is good enough, I may get two. What the bleep am I going to do with all these dive boxes??

Respected Contributor

Price is $129