Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - DECEMBER

Java: my pleasure. We will connect directly after the holidays. I'm not on the watch forums now, but we will figure it out. Are you on the purse forum? They have a private message section.

Respected Contributor

Check the listings for the 15th for the start of the next Invicta marathon and the GT GD TTV. So far the green and the red seem to be generating the most attention here.

Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Speaking of which, they will be offering the Speedway in another version: on a leather strap and MOP dial. It also come with the one-slot dive case.

http://www.shophq.com/offer/?offercode=628-209&track=-10453&cm_re=Z7-_-RV3-_-N

When compared against the skeletonized Speedway, I think the skeletonized version is the better choice because it is Swiss Made. It will be interesting to see the price at which they offer this new version. (Am a big fan of the Speedway and own it in several versions, one of which is Swiss Made with diamonds and a sapphire crystal.) Of course, if any of those are offered a great price, I would be willing to add one to my present collection.

In addition, they will also be offering the Abyss on a leather strap. That is supposed to be 36mm.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/13/2014 JavaQueen said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Speaking of which, they will be offering the Speedway in another version: on a leather strap and MOP dial. It also come with the one-slot dive case.

http://www.shophq.com/offer/?offercode=628-209&track=-10453&cm_re=Z7-_-RV3-_-N

When compared against the skeletonized Speedway, I think the skeletonized version is the better choice because it is Swiss Made. It will be interesting to see the price at which they offer this new version. (Am a big fan of the Speedway and own it in several versions, one of which is Swiss Made with diamonds and a sapphire crystal.) Of course, if any of those are offered a great price, I would be willing to add one to my present collection.

In addition, they will also be offering the Abyss on a leather strap. That is supposed to be 36mm.

I got the Speedway with the stingray strap when it went back down to the holiday price. It just seemed like too great a deal to pass up and I should get one home to see it in person. It's a great watch and I like the stingray more than I expected to. It's interesting that the second "hand" is one of the subdials and what would normally be the second hand is part of the chronograph function. The dial is so skeletonized that I find it's not very easy to read. But it looks great! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

Pretty cool -looking! I was trying to figure out which one I wanted and couldn't. Then I worried that I wouldn't be able to wear the watch if the holes stretched out in the strap. (have 6 inch wrist.)

Skeletonized watches aren't really meant for telling time, but we all know that. The current price is too good of deal to pass up.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/13/2014 JavaQueen said:

Pretty cool -looking! I was trying to figure out which one I wanted and couldn't. Then I worried that I wouldn't be able to wear the watch if the holes stretched out in the strap. (have 6 inch wrist.)

Skeletonized watches aren't really meant for telling time, but we all know that. The current price is too good of deal to pass up.

I got the 45mm because there is so much going on in that dial, I felt like the larger scale might show it off better.

Holy c r a p! I just saw this. I need to see about a price adjustment. OK, I admit it, I actually bought two (not at the same time).

Enjoy $100 off and reduced shipping when you purchase a second Invicta Speedway Swiss Chronograph Stingray Strap Watch w/ Eight-Slot Dive Case (628-671). To take advantage, click 'Add to Cart'

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

aprimo: that's a great deal. Hope you can take advantage of it... even if you have to reorder and return one set. But check with CS, maybe they will be accommodating. Which colors did you get? I'm tempted by the goldtone/blue and the red one.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/14/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

aprimo: that's a great deal. Hope you can take advantage of it... even if you have to reorder and return one set. But check with CS, maybe they will be accommodating. Which colors did you get? I'm tempted by the goldtone/blue and the red one.

Those are the ones I got--red and blue. The red was my first watch with a gunmetal case. I don't know if I want a gunmetal bracelet watch, but it looks good with the red strap.

ETA: I sent an email to customer service. We'll see what they say.

Respected Contributor

Java: I don't think the holes will stretch on a stingray strap. Stingray is very tough, they need a laser to cut it.

Respected Contributor

I'm sure you've heard about the fact that some people buy a lot on the internet when they have had a few drinks.... it's called SWD (shopping while drunk). Well I think I have to add a new one to the list.... shopping while happy and tired. Got home late last night from a lovely party and decided to log on to see what was going on... obviously I wasn't that tired. Aprimo posted about the reduced price and great deal on the stingray strap Speedway. Java reminded us that it was Swiss made and that she loves the Speedway. You all know the rest of the story. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} The red and the blue are on their way to me. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} I don't expect to be able to read the dial easily, but I thought this was a cool watch when it was first presented, and almost weakened when I discovered it was Swiss made. But I resisted, then. Now with the save $100 on the second one... I caved. I know it's a good deal, but does anyone remember what price it was when it was first offered as a TTV?