Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - DECEMBER

Aprimo, I don't look at it as though the larger sizes are getting charged more, the small gets a savings because not as much material in the small. With the price of silver these days, that's why I'm looking at those $$. That's what makes the world go around, we all have different viewpoints. That $249 could be less expensive......Smiley Wink).
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena, aprimo: I can see both sides, but I like the way that Q does it. There are always cost differences, between any sizes.... a 2 and a 10 blouse use different amounts of fabric, a small and a longer bracelet use different amounts of metal/stones. The approach Q seems to take is where the differential in material costs is a small % of the overall cost, they price to the average. Where the differential is significant, like in gold or diamond jewelry, and sometimes in gemstone jewelry, they price each size. For years I wore an 8" bracelet, and while I understood pricing more for larger sizes, it make it harder to decide to buy. This was especially true when it was a silver item and the cost of the silver was miniscule compared to the cost of the bracelet.

Fast forward to today.... the cost of the materials is a small % of the price of the item... labor, transportation, overhead, profits are a major part of what we pay., and have gone up a lot over the years. So the actual differential in cost between a small and a large bracelet is probably tiny. It's all in the marketing to make us think we are getting such valuable materials. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Trusted Contributor

LavJ, then in other words if I want a wrist full of bling I should buy that TSV. Smiley Wink)
Trusted Contributor

Hey, the pics are up for that Commemorative Grand Diver! And it appears to be available for sale. I'm assuming if you were really anxious for it, you could buy it now and then request a price adjustment later if it ends up being a TTV.

Trusted Contributor

Aprimo, what color dial are you interested in. I'd like to see the green live....hmmm.
Respected Contributor

Thanks, aprimo. I think they look much better than the IWG catalog pics. The dive case is a neat green color.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/10/2014 jenagal said: Aprimo, what color dial are you interested in. I'd like to see the green live....hmmm.

I think green. I'd like to see it presented. It looks like a nice forest green, should be pretty. I could easily go with blue or red too though.

Respected Contributor

They probably made the dive box to match the box and that is a forest green. That should be a very nice combo. I would like to see the grey.

Here's something funny. . . you know that I don't like dive cases that I can't use. However, Invicta will be selling an Angel watch on a leather strap in five colors (?). The watch is kind of meh to me, because how many 38-40 Angel watches does one need? But it's the 1-slot case that I like. It's red. I would like one to keep my electronic cords in. Or possibly my spare links.

Respected Contributor

Java: I'm building a collection of one slot dive cases, so far all in black. Not that I wanted them, but you know the story... they came with the watches. Thanks for ideas about what to use them for. Don't buy a watch just to get the one slot dive case. We'll talk after the holidays and I'll be happy to mail one to you.

Respected Contributor

LavJ,

What a kind offer. I am sure you know about how cramped things can get in a small space. If you still would like to part with one after the holidays, then that would be great. . You get more space and I get a little more organized in the space that I have for the New Year.. Smiley Happy A true win-win. Smiley Happy