Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - DECEMBER

On 12/5/2014 aprimo said:

I say, when you can't buy, enable! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

That should be the motto for our thread! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Thanks aprimo. As if I need help spending money. But I'll have to check out that site anyway.

Trusted Contributor

Received my purple MOP Abyss (TT bracelet) today and it's gorgeous! I had forgotten to use the 15% off coupon at Shop. But I remembered while the promotion was still going on and I emailed them. They credited my account, no problem. Now I need to size the bracelet so I can wear it next week.

Respected Contributor

Your watch sounds gorgeous, aprimo. Congrats. Do you have the item number?

Trusted Contributor

On 12/5/2014 JavaQueen said:

Your watch sounds gorgeous, aprimo. Congrats. Do you have the item number?

621-813

They don't call it an Abyss, but it looks like one to me. The pic really doesn't show the MOP, but the one I received has great color play.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, aprimo. Yeah, it does look like an Abyss. When it comes down to it, all an Abyss is a pro diver. At one time, they were considered a cut above the entry level pro divers. I agree about the stock photos. They never seem to do a watch justice.

I am sure the MOP is gorgeous. Smiley Happy Again, enjoy!

Respected Contributor

aprimo: enjoy your new watch. I got the purple mop dial with a GT bracelet about a year ago. It's a beautiful color. I agree, the dial looks like the Abyss, but it doesn't have some of the detail that the recent Abyss TTV had. But the bezel detail is the same. Guess it doesn't matter what they call it.... it's a pretty watch. I got the pink dial in the TT last winter. That dial is also really pretty.

Respected Contributor

aprimo had been browsing in the Invicta catalog recently and noted that:

The Grand Diver 10th Anniversary Commemorative watch appears to be coming out in goldtone versions. Looks like the exact same specs. Both 38mm & 47mm!! Dial colors are charcoal grey, blue, red and green

As of today (12/7),

It looks like it will be featured during the next Marine Pavilion event scheduled for next week. No pics posted, but the shop listing has been filled in. At full price, it is $228 and includes the dive case. (8-slot.)

It has all the markings fo a TTV, (They have positioned it in the 12 am slot on 12/15 also.) I don't believe it was there before.

Respected Contributor

Interesting Java. I'll have to take a look. I think the last 10th Anniversary watch was $139 in the SS. I can't seem to find it. Do you have an item # ?

Trusted Contributor

On 12/7/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Interesting Java. I'll have to take a look. I think the last 10th Anniversary watch was $139 in the SS. I can't seem to find it. Do you have an item # ?

It was $139 and change originally. The original SS version finally sold out. I wonder if they will get any of the SS back in stock? It's a commemorative edition, but I don't believe it's a numbered and/or limited edition. I also wonder if there will also be a TT version at some point. It's a great watch. I may end up with several.