Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS. .. . DECEMBER 2017

Hello all,

December is here and 2017 is almost finished. How time flies. Many of us will celebrate our own tradiitons with family and friends. It's a great time to give gifts, but also a time for reflection before 2018. 

A warm welcome to all watch lovers. 

Super Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS. .. . DECEMBER 2017

Has anyone owned a Coach or Kate Spade watch? How is the quality? There are many cute styles out there, I'm thinking of gifts. 

Respected Contributor

Homedecorator:  welcome to the watch collectors thread.

I own one Coach watch,  bought years ago and it's held up well, although I don't wear it often.  I believe Coach watches are made by the same company that makes Movado watches.  They manufacture watches under many different brand names, and each has it's own quality and price point.

In watches,  as in many things,  the details of the specifications can make all the difference in quality.  I know it's sounds technical,  and it is,  but manufacturers have choices about the materials they use for the case, bracelets, straps, crystal (glass) over the dial,  the movement inside the watch, and the degree of water resistancy.   All of these decisions by the manufacturer will produce watches with different quality and reliability.

Designer brands count on their name to make the consumer believe their products are stylish and high quality.  With watches,  we need to understand the specifications of a specific watch to be able to evaluate the quality.

Respected Contributor

To all who love Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.....

They are releasing Baby Lupahs with Kermit on the dial and a women's Bolt Zeus with Miss Piggy. I believe that Disney owns the Muppets.

Some are unhappy, some will be very happy. I guess there's something for everyone out there.

With the Apple Watch pretty close to the top, if not at the top of watch sales, they have to generate watch sales in some way. This is what IWG has chosen to do. And they're not the only ones!  

Invicta has release so very few "cool" watches for us that I haven't paid that much attention. Better for the budget anyway.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Watch Lovers.

I haven't look the watches over for some time but I just happened to catch e lowered the price on the Seiko Kinetic to 269.99.  Aways back I got mine for 257.99.  They have been holding on a higher price till now.  If anyone is interested, watch it ..maybe it will go lower yet.    Too bad I didn't buy this watch many many watches ago.  I have found since I got it, I have worn nothing else.  No interest in all the others and that's a shame.  Anyone besides LJ and Java interested? Smiley Wink

Occasional Contributor

HELLO TO EVERYONE...It has been awhile since I have been on this site...

YES, to your question Jena!!!

I have been stalking that watch since I read everyones posts in November.  I haven't had a new watch in forever and for some reason that one grabbed my attention. I almost pulled the trigger this morning but I am hoping to get it with free shipping. I'm not sure how these sites work now a days. Does everyone/anyone buy the extented warranty, do I need to? I will be checking back to see what you all think...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS...

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Welcome back sweet girly.. If you hold their credit card, then they offer free shipping some days just for that.  I got mine with free shipping because of that.  With this watch it's such a pleasure to know that when it sits, it won't stop.  It's like an automatic (love that) and I am only interested in automatics now.  Sometimes they send emails with a code so that might help get the price down even further.  At this time of year, you never know what price to expect.  Good luck in your watch.

In answer to your question on paying for the extended warranty, No.  Not me.  I've never owned a Seiko before so I don't know what to expect either.  I forget how long the mfgr's warranty is.

Respected Contributor

Hi Jena and SweetGirly,

Thanks for the info, Jena. It is a lovely watch. So simple. Sigh. That current price is still a good one. Keep in mind that it is a $575 watch. Sapphire crystal and 10 ATM. Nice size, too.

The warranty is for three years. I have never heard anything bad about Seiko watches. There's certain things that are never covered by watch warranties. Things like bracelets and cyrstals. Three years is the typical warranty on a watch. Almost no one offers a "lifetime guarantee." I never buy evine coverage; For most things, it's just a cash cow for them.

Respected Contributor

Happy Chanukah to all our friends and fellow shoppers who celebrate.

Regular Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Happy Chanukah to all our friends and fellow shoppers who celebrate.

I ditto the same message.  Happy Chanukah to our friends and soon Merry Christmas to all as well.

I'm happy for the good info on Seiko, Java.  My first introduction to Seiko and I'm smitten with my little treasure.  

Happy shopping everyone. Smiley Wink