Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS......August 2016

Welcome  grammarqueen!

That is a pretty watch. 

You can always get straps to fit the BL. As long as they have the spring bar and are 16mm, you can swap them out as you need. I am not a big fan of the cheaper straps provided by evine/invicta in the sets. My wrist is small and they don't seem to fit me well.  Other women love them and are happy.

So don't let the lack of a strap set deter you. Or don't think you should stuck with one version. 

I am sure other watch collectors can point you in the direction of watch strap providers. Evine does sell strap sets also. They just have to have the special pin mechanism.

Good luck!

Sad news:

If anyone remembers Red Ryder  (Lil' Miss Ruthie or Ruth) from Watch Geeks? She passed away about three weeks ago from cancer. We actually became close over time and frequently exchanged emails and phone calls. I lost track of her because of crazy things going on my own life. She was truly a beautiul soul. 

May her memory be eternal.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • Welcome to the group grammarqueen.
  • I liked the white leather strapped one. Now if I were in need of more Lupah's I may have ordered it, just because I like it.  I have way too many watches just because I liked them!!!  Smiley Sad
    Java, I don't frequent WG's anymore so that name(s) doesn't ring a bell. But it's sad news anyway.
    Who can believe it. Tomorrow a new thread and a new month. What happened to August????
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Since we began this thread, I think  six people from Watch Geeks or Watch Collectors have died. It began with pek.  None of these people were really old. That is what was sad. Ok, Ruthie was older, but the rest of them were in their mid-to-late fifites. That is too young to go.

Yes, where has the summer gone? Thanks for the reminder! Tormorrow is a new thread! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Java:  I didn't know her,  but it's sad.   Far too many people we know or know of or who are friends of friends have passed.   And many of these souls were far too young.

It's a wake-up call to try to enjoy what we have.

Respected Contributor

Sept 1 and it's time for a new thread.   Join us to talk about watches in the Watch Collectors.... Sept 2016