Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS......August 2016

Equss, I like them all.  Every color.  I am such a sucker for pink, so I love that one.  The black is special but I have so many blacks and SS.  Same with pink.  Own too many pinks.  Love the pure white also.  Brown is nice but last choice.  If the pen is so costly, leave it out of the order and lower that price...then they'd probably have me.  Till then...I'm sitting here looking.  Doesn't cost anything to look.  Lol. 

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Jenagal I agree about the pen!  Too bad I don't have a coupon code that would work on that watch.  Oh well I don't need it.  

Trusted Contributor

Equss, in this day and age...who needs a pen that costs that much, especially. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

Did anyone get that new Invicta Diamond Elite (639-785)?  I saw it & thought it was pretty, but didn't bite.

aub

Respected Contributor

I've been good.   Haven't bought any watches this week. Woman LOL  I've been very tempted by the Ripka sale prices and also by some of the higher end watches. 

Yesterday Tim (Temple) almost talked me into a 45mm automatic with a high end movement.  I'm sure it was a real bargain at over $1700,  but I resisted.  Woman Wink  I was intrigued by the thought of owning the watch,  but not enough to spend that kind of money for it.  It's all in the timing.... back in the day we spent $$$$ on diamond watches and I might have bought that watch if the case were a little smaller.

I also think some of the Invicta 'elite' diamond watches might be interesting.  Supposedly the diamonds are a better quality.  But I haven't 'evaluated' the movements, etc to know if these watches would be worth the money.  The diamonds are tiny, tiny, tiny.  Don't they know that we know that lots of tiny diamonds are not better than fewer larger diamonds of the same quality? And by larger,  I don't mean large, but something bigger than a spec of lint.  A 1 point diamond is not large, it's very small,  but compared to some of the stones today, 1 point is huge.  I'd love to see 1 pt. diamonds again.   Besides,  I have enough diamond watches that don't get enough wear.   I can't see putting one on to go for a haircut or to pick up groceries.

I'm happy no watches are making me rip out my credit card at the moment.  I know that will change,  it always does.  And that's why my collection is so full.

Trusted Contributor

Well I'm happy to report I didn't run my credit card up either.  Oh I wanted that TSV from Evine and last night I just about ordered the {{{{pink}}}}. I would have loved to have worn that pink but I couldn't see over $400 for a watch and a PEN I didn't need.  Came close though.  When they don't change that TSV over after it's over it really that tempts me to grab it at the last moment.  But I did it.  Today I'm glad I don't have another watch coming.  I have more than enough to wear.

Trusted Contributor

Look at the price on that TSV once the sale price went away.  From 398.67 to 1195.00...wow.  I'm safe.  But I still want that pink one.  Terrible, I just can't enough pink I guess.  Don't love the 35mm case though.  I've grown to love larger.  Did anyone order?  

Trusted Contributor

I didn't get the Versace either but was so tempted at the tsv price. I did order another ripka Lexington because  it is a great watch for the price(so I thought)!   Unfortunately,  I received a return that had a flat white face....no color at all in the mop.  I called cs but they didn't offer to do anything which was  VERY disappointing.   Seems like they could offer to send a different one out or offer an as is price.  Guess  I'm a slow learner because this happens more often than not anymore. At least the two tone rose one I purchased awhile back is a keeper. I had high hopes for the black silver  and would keep if it weren't for the issues I mentioned.   After this I guess I will limit q purchases to logo, Tula and I may try a ripka now and then but quality control has really gone down.  I should have gotten the Versace after this reflection because the quality is likely excellent. 

Valued Contributor

Don't look now, but Evine has a gorgeous new Baby Lupah with a floral face, This Day Only, for under $60, on 6 ValuePays. So tempted! The only caveat seems to be you get only one strap, and it doesn't look like you can interchange strapes. 

Respected Contributor

grammarqueen:  Welome to the Watch Collectors thread and thanks for the heads up.   I'm going to check it out.