Regular Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS......August 2016

image.pngThpught this might help someone. Enjoy. 

Respected Contributor

Nice find, Seashoregirl.  Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

TTV 8/21

Disney SANI ....

Warning: this what I call a Chi-baqua.. SANI that is non-Swiss.  Limited edition. TTV date is 8/21. So that is Saturday into Sunday.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_147161868912413&key=bc3b1c5d7f79926bf83004c06...

Respected Contributor

Since we are talking up space here on Q's web site, every so often I like to discuss a watch that is being offered on the Q.

Barbara Bixby gemstone watch   J331023

This is not a watch chosen for its "Swissness" or cuteness. Or bargain price.  (I think you're really being charged for the setting of the stones.)

It's a classically sized piece for the Barbara Bixby lover who wants something unique. I

It is water resistant at 3ATM with a choice of either black spinel or citrine. 

For those who love it, there you go.

I have also noticed that the Q has been bringing in Lucien Picard watches.

Respected Contributor

If you love Mickey Mouse,

Evine has brought in Disney Limited Editions of Invicta watches.

You have everything from automatic to quartz, crystals to diamonds. They have even a Swiss auto for the men's watches.

Respected Contributor

I watched some of the invicta/disney show last night.  Some of the watches were nicely done and I might have enjoyed wearing them.   But I was good,  nothing I had to have and I'm not sure that other than adding it to my collection, I would really have gotten much use out of a mickey decorated watch.  The TTV was tempting,  but the strap and price saved me.

Respected Contributor

I really love Mickey Mouse watches. I don't think I would spend $350 for one that is a SANI. (after shipping and taxes, that's pretty much the cost.)  At least these are better constructed than the typical Disney watch. I think you're paying for here though, is the merchandising fee that has to go to Disney. And that didin't click until I saw the guy from Walt Disney there. 

When it comes to Mickey, I think simpicity is better. It's not mistake that the less expensive, simpler models sold out. I woudn't mind having a grand diver Mickey.

I think somewhere in my memory, there is a 1960s Bradlley Mickey Mouse watch. Very simple case and dial design with brown leather strap. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I agree Java.   And the cost of the dive case too.

I also liked the 40mm pro diver automatic.

Trusted Contributor

Well I certainly don't own a Versace ( Womens Vanity Swiss Made Quartz sapphire ) Watch but the TSV over @ evine sure strikes my fancy.  639-781.  Does it trip anyone else's trigger?  Lol.  I don't need another watch but I like this one.   I see a couple Judith Ripka watches on sale today also..  Still looking at them.  

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jenagal wrote:

@Well I certainly don't own a Versace ( Womens Vanity Swiss Made Quartz sapphire ) Watch but the TSV over @ evine sure strikes my fancy.  639-781.  Does it trip anyone else's trigger?  Lol.  I don't need another watch but I like this one.   I see a couple Judith Ripka watches on sale today also..  Still looking at them.  

Good morning!  I like the Versace too....am tempted but know I shouldn't.  What color do you prefer....I am surprised I am drawn to the tan and pink.

The only watch purchase I've made recently was the Ripka Lexington which I do like.  I bbought the rose silver and the rose is much softer than it looks on -line.  I picked it up when it was $89 and it was a steal at that price.  I am also tempted by the chrono in balck or brown that is now $149...I haven't seen t hat watch so am unsure.

Her London watch is certaily a good deal but don't really like diamonique.  It would have to be really subtle but then again for $99 it might be a fun???  Has anyone seen this one?  Thanks