Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS......August 2016

chefgal:  glad you are now able to wear all the watches comfortably.  I haven't had my TM Blue Manta sized yet, and as Jena reminded me,  the summer is passing quickly.  Hopefully I can do it next week.

Respected Contributor

My thoughts on white watches. Not the same as shoes or a bag. It's still quite warm and sunny into October/November. Think of how a white watch with a black and white ensemble looks.  In the middle of winter in the Northeast/Midwest, it's a bit different. Kind of hard to get into white when snow is on the ground with bone-chilling temps. However, when late winter is turning into spring, i have been known to wear white ceramic with soft pastels and charcoal grey. Smiley Happy

This is just you can get a little more wear out of those new watches. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Living in the desert, I wear my white ceramic watches year round.  They need new batteries right now, though, as do quite a few other of my watches.

Trusted Contributor

Living in the Midwest, I wear white watches all year long.  I found that I am not the only one so I stopped feeling funny about it.  But white shoes, handbags and pants are out.  But those white watches look great.  I wonder how that ever got started anyway.  These days its' more of what you think fits together than a rule.  JMHO.

I've also wondered why white didn't go with the snow season.  To me it's all season.  Our call. 

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

The ultimate in the white ceramic watch began with Chanel's J12 with auto movement. When I saw it on the jeweler's wrist, I was on a quest--in 2007-2008. That's when I purchased my ceramic Technomarine in black and discovered Swiss Legend's Karamica. Such a pretty watch with the MOP and sapphire crystal. Well made.

In the pricier boutiques, women in all-black would wear an oversized white watch. It looks great.

Respected Contributor

I agree ladies.   With the right outfits,  white ceramic watches look sharp all year long.   But I tend to favor them in the warm weather and wear other watches in the cold weather.  It's just how I rotate the collection.  I do leave 1 or 2 white ceramic available for the winter,  but most are put into the back of the closet to make room for other watches in ready to wear access.

Trusted Contributor

LavJ, I'm anxious to hear your review on that Blue Manta, once you get it on your wrist.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

I'm planning to see the watch maker on Wednesday and I'll have the TM white Blue Manta sized then.  I'm also bringing 11 watches that need new batteries. Woman Surprised

Respected Contributor

I got the Techomarine Sea Pearl w/blue dial in  the mail over the weekend & it's been keeping perfect time, so I sized it today.  The blue mop dial is more of a stormy purply blue, but the mop is just gorgeous.  The bracelet has a pin & collar type fastener, the collar goes into the middle link & then you need to put it back together & tap the pin thru to secure it.  I took what I thought was the right amount of links out,  but ended up going back & removing one more link. It's a little tighter than I like, but it was too floppy on my wrist with that link, but I'll see how it wears & may end up putting the one link back in.  It's a very pretty watch.

aub

Respected Contributor

aubnwa:  congratulations on your new watch.  I'm glad you like it.   Hopefully when the humidity gets lower the watch will fit better.  I know that's a big factor for me.   I've had other watches with the collar in the center of the pin.  It's usually high end well made watches,  like the Clerc.  But they are a pain to size.... getting them put back together requires dexterity.