Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS......August 2016

It's August 1 and time for a new watch collectors thread.  Things have been quiet on the watch front lately.   Maybe August will bring us some new treasures.

So,  stop by to chat about watches,  ask a question,  tell us about your latest find, or get an opinion and input on something you are considering.   Everyone is welcome.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS......August 2016

Thx for the new thread, LavJ.  Soon it will be Labor Day and it's all downhill from there.

Nothing new in watches lately for me, just deciding what to wear.  Today it's the navy blue Android ceramic automatic. Mostly open face with a silvery MOP dial around the sides. No complications, only one stem on the side.   Love that.

What's everyone else wearing today?

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Watch of the day for Monday was an Invicta GT with a beautiful mop dial and a peridot bezel.

Tuesday, watch of the day is a Renato Calibre Robusta in GT with a black dial and red topaz seconds subdial at 6 o'clock.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Just received my Versus by Versace silicone watch.  I purchased the blue with goldtone accents.  It is a lovely watch and extremely comfortable.  I am happy with this purchase.  Have a nice day everyone.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

yellow919:  I'm so glad your new watch is a winner.   Enjoy wearing it.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

Good morning everyone.  Just received my Versus by Versace silicone watch.  I purchased the blue with goldtone accents.  It is a lovely watch and extremely comfortable.  I am happy with this purchase.  Have a nice day everyone.Smiley Happy

I'm glad you received a winner.  I bet it is very comfortable.  Fantastic.  Good to see you here again.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey all...

I was so busy that I didn't get to start the August thread. Was traveling. Hope you all are having a great summer.

Evine will have a special "remote" featuring Technomarine on Friday and Saturday. Please check your listings. 

They have already posted the watches for those shows.

Respected Contributor

I hadn't planned on buying anything (do we ever?), but I've been on the hunt for a year or so for a watch with a blue MOP dial, so I ordered the Technomarine Sea Pearl (item 640-385) in the silvertone with blue mop dial when I saw it presented.  I hope I like it when it arrives.

Trusted Contributor

Aub, I found your watch and viewed the video.  I really like that blue dial also.  If I didn't already have a few SS w/blue dials I would have been interested.   I hope it's a winner for you.  It's a great looking watch.  In fact the GT and RT were quite striking also.  Good luck. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jena, I really liked the ones with the white MOP dials, too.  If I hadn't been on the hunt for a blue mop dial, I might've gotten one of those, but I can't buy them all! 

I have a Deep Blue Lady Diver with a pink mop dial & tritium tubes that I love & I still kick myself that I didn't grab the blue mop version when it was available.

ETA:I looked at the back of the case & it says Lady Blue not Lady Diver, but the watch is on a bracelet & it seems like all I've seen from Deep Blue in ladies' watches lately have been on silicone straps, for some reason.

aub