Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......April 2015

Ok gals, the RT/ST LZ is sold out now. I would have loved to see the GT and the St cable side by side to make a wise decision. Somehow I thought the RT/GT was the best for me but now I'm rethinking that since they are sold out. There were 3 of those RT/GT left and now there are 3 happy gals....congrats whomever you are. ETA: Ok now I see LJ snagged one of them. Congrats to you, aren't you happy to have me pushing at you, pushing you off the fence....lol. Well I know that coupon really did it, but now you love pink dials.....lol. ....When a person finally has purchased their last watch, WILL A BELL RING????? Smiley Wink)
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena: the LZ RG/YG was always the one you wanted. Don't second guess. The RT/ST was always the one I wanted. Too bad we live so far away or we could compare. I'm returning the 2 other watches. I need to enter the NBZ.

Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies.

Congrats to those with new watches on the way!

I came home after a long day at work today to find a call from my accountant about my taxes. I call and find out my return was rejected, because one had been filed already! So now I may be the victim of identity theft. They said sometimes these people just plug in numbers for a social security # and come up with mine, or it could have been from the Home Depot data breach that I was caught up in, or the Anthem insurance data breach or who knows what. I have to call the IRS tomorrow and get info and start a process that involves affidavits and proving I'm me! Grrrrr. This could take 6 months to resolve. I am beyond annoyed, I am angry! People who do this sort of thing are scummy thieves! I guess they put numbers in so a refund is issued and deposited to some account under their control. Sheesh. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Super Contributor

On 4/12/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:...

Bird: sorry if I talked you out of the prodiver if that's the watch you wanted. I just don't think the strap would have been very comfortable nor would it have balanced the weight of the watch very well. But that's just my view. Also, given the way the watch was made... getting a replacement strap might have been difficult and those nylon straps would probably have gotten worn and dirty over time. I'm not into disposable watches. Maybe if someone else bought it they can report back to us.

Please don't apologize, you truly did me a favor! Still closet cleaning, and found some very nice androids. They must be only 40mm, and I don't even remember buying them. Oh the colors. Purple, orange, etc. Much nicer than that one I nearly bought. - Bird {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

On 4/15/2015 JazzyVR said:

Hi ladies.

I came home after a long day at work today to find a call from my accountant about my taxes. I call and find out my return was rejected, because one had been filed already! So now I may be the victim of identity theft. They said sometimes these people just plug in numbers for a social security # and come up with mine, or it could have been from the Home Depot data breach that I was caught up in, or the Anthem insurance data breach or who knows what. I have to call the IRS tomorrow and get info and start a process that involves affidavits and proving I'm me! Grrrrr. This could take 6 months to resolve. I am beyond annoyed, I am angry! People who do this sort of thing are scummy thieves! I guess they put numbers in so a refund is issued and deposited to some account under their control. Sheesh. {#emotions_dlg.angry}

Wow. It never even occurred to me that people would do that. That takes big brass ones to use the IRS to facilitate their theft. Sounds like a nightmare. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Trusted Contributor

On 4/15/2015 JazzyVR said:

Hi ladies.

Jazzy, this really ticks me off too. Something else to worry about. I totally forgot my accountant could be calling stating the same thing. Wow. I hope I never get that call. My question to you is, how long did it take for you to hear about this after you filed your taxes? Days? Weeks? So sorry.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jazzy: so sorry you have to deal with that. It's been happening to a lot of people. SS # are pervasive and there are a lot of people out there who will take advantage of others. Sometimes you can't track down the source of the problem. It happened to someone I know. Eventually it gets straightened out, but in the mean time you have a lot of stress and administrative hassles. The IRS could help address the situation by not issuing refunds until they had completely checked the tax returns against prior years and other info they have available. But that's not the way it's done... a return is filed and if it passes a computer check, the refund is issued. Often the thieves are waiting to intercept the mail. More detailed analysis of the tax returns seems to come later. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Hi all...

Wow, Jazzy. I don't know what to say. Yes, people do file fraudulent accounts. I have been the victim of two security breaches. One was PNC, the other BOA and also Adobe. They reissued cards. I had to change all of my passwords. and opening accounts. It's a nightmare The only good thing is that they really can't open too much in my name. My resources are limited now. The only positive thing I can think of.

Yes, this is horrible and I hope they catch the scumbags soon. Hope everything gets resolved.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the empathy ladies.

The only tiny bit of good news, after 2 hours on the phone with various IRS departments, is that the bogus return was never fully processed. I guess there was something suspect about it and per the IRS I should have gotten a letter asking me to verify that it was a true return. I never got that, so I had no clue until the real one was submitted and rejected. So the bad guys didn't get any money. I still have some identity theft protection from the Home Depot thing, so I need to alert the company about this. Hopefully it was only a tax scheme and not a full-fledged identity theft. At least the IRS has a new process that supposedly should lead to resolution in 6 weeks, rather than the usual 6 months; but this is the government, so I'll believe it when I see it!

On a more pleasant note, I had ordered the Lady Lupah and it came today. I only had the baby Lupah and Lupah revolution before. It's bigger than I expected, but in no way too big. The straps will take some breaking in, but I like it. I got the GT, of course {#emotions_dlg.blush}, since I only wear yellow gold jewelry.

Respected Contributor

Jazzy: enjoy your new watch.