Super Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......April 2015

jena, thanks for the Pek comments. I don't know why, but her writing always touched me more than one would expect for forum talk. Everyone enjoy your watches, and more! Should I buy an interesting watch I'll post! - Bird

(I posted a minute ago but it disappeared...?)

Respected Contributor

Jena: yes, you lost me to the Dooney show. Not that I need another handbag... they take up a lot more room than watches do. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} But watches and handbags are my current collectibles.

I think of Pek too... when ever I look at my hunter green diamond WB. Smile

Bird: sorry if I talked you out of the prodiver if that's the watch you wanted. I just don't think the strap would have been very comfortable nor would it have balanced the weight of the watch very well. But that's just my view. Also, given the way the watch was made... getting a replacement strap might have been difficult and those nylon straps would probably have gotten worn and dirty over time. I'm not into disposable watches. Maybe if someone else bought it they can report back to us.

Trusted Contributor

I finally got around to watching the last Invicta/Evine webcast with Tim and the Evine Invicta buyer (didn't catch his name). They showed several watches that will be coming out in the next few months. Most were too big for any of us here to consider buying. I really didn't see anything that was of interest to me. However, they did say that sometime in the fall there would be Technomarine shows on Evine. They described the offerings as "old school Technomarine". Tim tried to get an idea what that meant and the closest they came to hints were jelly straps and diamonds set in steel.

Honored Contributor

I got my vintage mechanical and it's gorgeous! I just have to remember to wind it
Respected Contributor

Andrea: enjoy your new watch.

Trusted Contributor

Heads up ladies! Rue La La has SL Karamica Diamond watches on sale. The larger size Karamica (40mm) with the diamond bezel in a few different colors is at $279. I think that's about the lowest I've seen it. They also have the hematite-colored ladies ceramic watches for $159 which is also a pretty good price. And they have some SL Throttles for good prices too. I think the boutique started yesterday which means it should run through tomorrow, I believe.

Trusted Contributor

Geez. how can I pass up a 15% coupon at Evine? Got an email, a couple of them in fact stating this discount would be good thru 4/15/15. So heck with $43 off I bought that rosetone/goldtone L Zeus. I see the rosetone with silvertone cable is back in stock also. I think LJ was interested in that one. Hmmmm, what a deal. (TAX15)

Aprimo, did you find a diamond Karamica that struck your fancy? I have a couple of them. Nice watches. Of course the non blingy ones I own many.....lol.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

On 4/13/2015 jenagal said:

Geez. how can I pass up a 15% coupon at Evine? Got an email, a couple of them in fact stating this discount would be good thru 4/15/15. So heck with $43 off I bought that rosetone/goldtone L Zeus. I see the rosetone with silvertone cable is back in stock also. I think LJ was interested in that one. Hmmmm, what a deal. (TAX15)

Aprimo, did you find a diamond Karamica that struck your fancy? I have a couple of them. Nice watches. Of course the non blingy ones I own many.....lol.

I'm so aggravated that coupon didn't come out last week. I just ordered that red Excursion and the Lupah set that was a TTV. The only thing I'm especially interested in now is the LZ in the silvertone with gold cabling. But I just bought that Serta mattress yesterday at the Q, so I really shouldn't spend any more money for a while.

I did like a few of the Karamica Diamonds. But I have a couple already, so I was able to pass those up.

Trusted Contributor

Aprimo..... Bad timing on that coupon, that is for sure with you and LJ. I was in the NBZ and these always force me out. I can't believe but the cancel button is still up. I always struggle with myself for I don't want to buy any more watches but these deals always snag me!!! As far as that Serta Mattress goes, I bought one and then another at Shop a few years ago and we love them. Took a chance on the softness and they turned out just right. Nice pillow tops, sooooo comfy, I hate to get out of bed in the morning. I hope you love yours also. It was funny, they stated that these are made after you order them and not sitting around wrapped in plastic on some dock for months on end. Fresh. Well mine just happened to be made by a Serta plant within 10 miles from me and I didn't even know it was there.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

aprimo: I know just how you feel. My 2 new watches arrived last night. Even before I knew about the coupon I decided that the Venom was going back. The dial is a wine red, which is fine, and what I expected. But the strap has a lot of pink in it, and I don't think it goes with the dial. So, that one is going back. I'm still trying to decide about the violet Excersion. I like the look of that watch. Both watches came in the same carton, so the second return is 'free'.

Jena: I got the LZ RT/SS. The coupon pushed me over the edge. I debated using the coupon on the SAN V, but it's still too expensive. Anyway, you have had an influence on me because now I want watches with pink dials. Hopefully the dial on the LZ will satisfy my craving for a while. I hope you love the LZ RT/GT version.