Super Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......April 2015

Hi ladies. I started listing everybody but then realized, too many names! Well has it been years since I have purchased a watch? I hope so! Truly an addict, I am.

I do like the guy's watches, but when Invicta went to the super-long straps, that helped me quit the habit. The big leftover tails just looked silly, and my wrist is 7.5, sometimes 7.25.

But I am here to confess that I just bought the gunmetal skull watch. I have a nice collection of skulls. Just like them I guess. My "treatment" is to donate the same amount for that watch to a charity, so I owe $150 over and above the cost of the watch.

Is anyone interested in the TS, the 40mm Pro Diver with the cool strap? Help me not order. I want the yellow, orange and blue. I really don't want to start this up again! Smiley Wink I hope to settle down and be happy with my new skull. - Bird

Trusted Contributor

Equss, I love it's looks too except for the fact the face is too small. Must be at least 1.5" and other than that, I could go for it too. I guess the older I get the larger the dial. Lol. So easy to read. Go for it, if you love it. At least early on you'll get the color you want. I like the Stainless best.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

The Bird, Welcome back. It's been a long time no see. If you continue to read us, it's quaranteed that your credit card will hiss at you. lol. Anyway it's so much fun looking at these watches and yes I remember you were into the skull watches. Don't stay away, you keep on posting with us, ya hear!!
Trusted Contributor

Hi Jena. I only like the stainless one too. I was alittle concerned by the size I have to admit. I looked at the video of the regent but don't even know if they are the same size because the description doesn't give length and width. Plus the q is horrible about not listing specifications of any kind...that really does bother me.
Respected Contributor

Bird: welcome back. You have shown more restraint than the rest of us. Smile I like the prodiver very much and the colors of the TS are great... but...I don't care for that type of strap, so I'm not tempted. Besides, as Jena noted earlier, there have been other watch temptations for me.

Jena: yes, I have been very tempted... and ordered the Excersion with the violet strap/dial and also the SS venom with the red strap/dial. Just doing my part for the economy. {#emotions_dlg.lol} As for the earlier prodiver (the GT with the green dial), I already have that one, and the red dial... in GT. I ordered them both when they were first offered and didn't return either one. I'm glad you are enjoying your GT green dial prodiver.

I expect a Congressional Commendation for my efforts these past few years to get the economy going. Wink

As for other temptations.... the Lady Zeus in rosetone with the pink mop dial. Hopefully they will sell it out today, it's featured on several shows. And then I will be safe. I also want a SAN V when the prices come down...maybe someday.

Jena: you are safe, the red dial GT prodiver sold out. Did you buy one of the last ones?

Regular Contributor

Hi all!! I am new to this thread or at least it has been awhile. I really like the TS on Evine. I don't own anything like that. I love the colors!! I like a big watch but it is too big for a woman?? Are they good watches?? Thanks so much!! Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Hi Seashoregirl and welcome to the watch collectors thread. Which TS are you looking at... the round prodiver or the Lady Lupah? Both are nice watches and if you like larger watches, the size is fine. I own many 40mm round prodivers and also own the Lady Lupah (from an earlier time). I can check the specs on the movements on each one and other details, but off the top of my head, let me give you some of my thoughts.

I'd love to own the prodiver.... but I don't like the strap. I think it looks great, but I don't like a fabric strap.

As for the Lady Lupah, I think that although it's a high domed crystal it will be comfortable to wear and I like the fact that you have a bunch of straps. They may take a little time to break in and soften, but with so many straps you will have them for a long time. Also you can buy other straps in 20mm in the future if you want to or need to.

If I were choosing one.... I'd go with the Lady Lupah.

Respected Contributor

Seashoregirl: let me add a few things after checking the specs.... the movement on the prodiver is a Japanese movement, the movement on the Lady Lupah is a Swiss Parts movement. Most people consider them to be about the same in terms of quality. Personally, I prefer the Japanese movements to the Swiss parts movements because the Swiss parts movements are essentially low cost movements from various countries in the Far East. I have no facts to support this preference. Any low cost movement could wwear out more quickly than a better movement, but it could last for years. The question is how much is the watch... and therefore are you expecting long term use.

Also, the prodiver has a mineral crystal, which is fine, but not as scratch resistant as the flame fushion crystal on the Lady Lupah (LL). However, the LL crystal is very high and the prodiver crystal is flat, so I'm not concerned about this difference.

In addition, the water resistance level on the prodiver is superior to that on the LL. The LL is basically splash resistant. But since the LL has leather straps, you shouldn't be putting it in water anyway, so again, I don't consider it a problem. I just use water resistance level as another measure of quality of construction.

The prodiver is a knock around watch. Prodivers are known for durability. The LL is a fashion watch.

OK, that's my 2 cents, for what it's worth. All that said, the fabric strap on the prodiver would still keep me from buying it. But I have bought many prodivers on metal bracelets and even some of leather straps. There was a pink mop dial prodiver (goldtone) on a bracelet that was at a really good price this morning. I already have it, and the dial is beautiful. It's something to think about as an alternative.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/10/2015 Lavenderjunkie said:

Bird: welcome back. You have shown more restraint than the rest of us. Smile I like the prodiver very much and the colors of the TS are great... but...I don't care for that type of strap, so I'm not tempted. Besides, as Jena noted earlier, there have been other watch temptations for me.

Jena: yes, I have been very tempted... and ordered the Excersion with the violet strap/dial and also the SS venom with the red strap/dial. Just doing my part for the economy. {#emotions_dlg.lol} As for the earlier prodiver (the GT with the green dial), I already have that one, and the red dial... in GT. I ordered them both when they were first offered and didn't return either one. I'm glad you are enjoying your GT green dial prodiver.

I expect a Congressional Commendation for my efforts these past few years to get the economy going. Wink

As for other temptations.... the Lady Zeus in rosetone with the pink mop dial. Hopefully they will sell it out today, it's featured on several shows. And then I will be safe. I also want a SAN V when the prices come down...maybe someday.

Jena: you are safe, the red dial GT prodiver sold out. Did you buy one of the last ones?

. No I didn't buy the red but I am bothered by the LZ in RT also. Which color cable are you after?

The RT/GT only have 4 left. Gee with 2 more watches on their way to you, you aren't interested in the LZ then. Smiley Wink) I am. Just because it's a hunk of a cuff watch that also tells time. One thing, I do like the Invicta RT, Renato not so much. Smiley Sad(
Respected Contributor

Jena: I like the RT/SS version with the pink mop dial. I think that one sold out, so I'm safe. I don't wear much RT and have quite a few watches in RT already. So, I'm trying to convince myself that it doesn't make sense to buy another one in RT. So far that logic is working. But it hasn't stopped me from buying SS or GT, despite the size of my collection in those too. But at least, I wear the SS and GT often. BTW, there is a JT version of the LZ in RT also. And the price was only about $2 5 more than the non JT Swiss version.