Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS AUGUST 2019

@jenagal wrote:

Now, Aub, if that had a MOP dial, swirl..my fav...Smiley Wink I’d be tempted.   I love that Modena with the start white dial though.  You own that one, I think.  

Has anyone ever seen the pink dial SS Eco Drive in Macy’s?  I’m afraid that dial is more mauve than pink and I don’t want to take a chance on it.

@jenagal  I do have a Modena in the RT & that white dial is really pretty.  I don't think it's MOP, but it looks a little like MOP to me & has carving/engraving on it.  I wish I'd seen it in the ST before I got the RT one.  I may end up with a ST Modena eventually, because it's got a very thin case & is comfortable to wear & the dial is easy to read.

I like the looks of the one I posted, but it's RT & that's what has held me back from ordering it, as I just don't wear RT much. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aub, I found this description over at Jomashop.  

CITIZEN Modena Eco-Drive Silver Dial Ladies Stainless Steel Watch

So that stark white dial you have on the RT, must be a silver dial with markings on it.  This one is on sale for $99.99.  

Anyway I’m still watching and if that pink dial comes down to $69 its mine.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

@jenagal wrote:

Aub, I found this description over at Jomashop.  

CITIZEN Modena Eco-Drive Silver Dial Ladies Stainless Steel Watch

So that stark white dial you have on the RT, must be a silver dial with markings on it.  This one is on sale for $99.99.  

Anyway I’m still watching and if that pink dial comes down to $69 its mine.

@jenagal   The dial on my RT Modena (& I'm assuming it's the same with the ST version) is definitely not silver, it's a white dial & although I don't think it's MOP, it shines a bit like MOP, especially when you move the dial from side to side in the light .  The dial has lines carved into it that radiate outward from the center of the dial.

Good luck in stalking that pinkie dial!

Respected Contributor

All this watch talk is very tempting.  Smiley Happy

WOTD was a white Karamica.... those mop dials are amazing.  Need to unearth a different watch for tomorrow...

just to give it some wrist time.

Have you noticed how many men's diamond watches are being featured by Invicta?   Guess diamonds are back in style.   Where are all the 35-40mm high end diamond styles?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

LavJ, Posting and reading over here is like therapy to me.  I used to love to shop for clothes when I didn’t need any, just to put myself into a different world.  Same here,  we get to talking watches, the WOTD and all seems right with the world....

I dug out my SS Invicta blue stones around the dial (forgot its name) and what a gorgeous watch.  I just have to dig out another, day after day just to get them out and beautify my wrist. Lol.  We made some great choices, way back when.  I, unlike many others do wear a watch at home.  I’m not completely dressed unless I have a watch on.  Earrings, rings...not so much.

Our motto should be a different watch every day.  Then I’ll start pawing over all the dead ones.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Jena,  you are so right.  Our watch collectors threads were great therapy,  and also very enabling. Smiley Happy  I only wear a watch when I leave the house,  but I try to wear a different watch each time.   And a different handbag.  I'm not sure if I have more handbags or more watches.  The number of each is more than I care to count.

Trusted Contributor

Hello all.

Time for a picture.  WOTD.

50209193-BAFB-4508-97FA-533B5F3A8BB6.jpeg

Feelin like a little lavender today. I’m a Lavenderjunkie too. Lol.  

What’s the WOTD with the rest of you? 

Trusted Contributor

This is better without the dog hairs. Lol.  0B4CA64B-5565-428B-BBE0-4C09FC3A88D6.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

The thought for today.  We got them. Let’s wear them. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Jena:  love your watch and jewelry ensemble.  You have inspired me.  Smiley Happy