Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS--- AUGUST 2018

Hi everyone

It's August 1. Time for a new thread.
Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS--- AUGUST 2018

Thanks for starting the new thread Java.

It's been much too quiet lately.

I guess no one has any exciting watch finds to talk about.

Outfit of the day:

Bone ceramic Karamica with beautiful creamy mother of pearl dial.   Brahmin handbag in bone with snake accent in taupe, grey, and black.  Black slacks,  turquoise or aqua T shirt.  Diaminique stud earrings or Honora pearl stud earrings.    I'm having fun playing with the watches and handbags I already own.   Need to wear them more often.

I will say that I have gotten my money's worth out of my diamonique stud earrings.   I have worn them at least once a week for years and years and years.  3 ct tw,  round studs, perfect for everyday.  Back in the 1980's the 4 ct tw iamonique studs were my go to earrings.  These days the slightly smaller onesseem to be a better balance with more casual clothing.   I guess the shoulder pads of the 1980's balanced out the larger earrings.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

LavJ: They had to somewhere to land! lol

I hear shoulder pads are coming back. Smiley Happy Good news? Bad news? That depends.

It's been quiet on the watch front.

Right now I am busy with projects. Had a bit of traveling and took the along my trusty MacBook Pro.

Time to get back to it.

Honored Contributor

I'm a bit disappointed with a watch purchase.   

Bought the Honora J347339 in white, and it was defective.  I removed the plastic chip, set the time and then pushed in the stem, and it wouldn't snap shut!   

Sent it back to exchange for another, and this was also defective!   Pulled the plastic chip, set the time .... and the little stem wouldn't snap shut!   

I just sent it back ..... and am not taking a chance on a 3rd watch, as much as I liked it. 

Oh well ..... 

J347339No Image Found
Respected Contributor

Tinkrbl:  that's disappointing.  I have a few Honora watches from years ago and I haven't had any issues.   But over time we don't know if the manufacturer has changed.   Also,  if the watch has been around for a while,  you might be getting a return and sometimes there are issues with watch returns (not just from QVC).

I think you are right not to order another of these watches.  What ever the reason for the defects,  you don't want to take another chance that even if you get a wafch that seems to be ok,  it might develop the same issue later.

There will be another watch to entice you.... sooner or later.   We always find another watch we want. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Tinkrbl:  that's disappointing.  I have a few Honora watches from years ago and I haven't had any issues.   But over time we don't know if the manufacturer has changed.   Also,  if the watch has been around for a while,  you might be getting a return and sometimes there are issues with watch returns (not just from QVC).

I think you are right not to order another of these watches.  What ever the reason for the defects,  you don't want to take another chance that even if you get a wafch that seems to be ok,  it might develop the same issue later.

There will be another watch to entice you.... sooner or later.   We always find another watch we want. Smiley Happy

@Lavenderjunkie

Oh boy, isn't that the truth!   

This return is still on its way back, and already there's another watch, calling my name ....  sending me signals ....  "buy me ... buy me .... "

Lol.   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Tinkrbl:  I'm temporarily resisting new watches.  I have enough experience to know that this lull won't last long.... it never does.   But bath and body products and handbags are my current temptations. Smiley Happy   And I seem to be stocking up on these the way I did on watches for the last decade.

Collecting is an ongoing call.

I was able to go 5 months without buying a new handbag ... just fell off the wagon with a new Dooney.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

In terms of watches, they will airing Batman watches next. More cartoon/superhero watches.

For women wanting something really flashy, there is now a Croton Ballisano.

Alas, I am not in the position of purchashing a watch at this time. But I did find an interesting one:

Akribos XXIV women's automatic with diamond accents. 661-803. Under $100, too.

Japanese auto, with diamond markers, sort of looks like a SAN I on leather strap.

I like it.

Respected Contributor

Java:  Akribos has been around for a long time it seems.   I've never bought any of their watches.   But i seem to remember loving some of their earlier styles, which were similar to the Renato Beauty.   If the rumor mill was right,  the same designer did both brands.  Smiley Happy

I'll have to check out the watch you mentioned.

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

In terms of watches, they will airing Batman watches next. More cartoon/superhero watches.

For women wanting something really flashy, there is now a Croton Ballisano.

Alas, I am not in the position of purchashing a watch at this time. But I did find an interesting one:

Akribos XXIV women's automatic with diamond accents. 661-803. Under $100, too.

Japanese auto, with diamond markers, sort of looks like a SAN I on leather strap.

I like it.

@JavaQueen

Doesn't look like a QVC number ....  maybe HSN or Evine?