Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS. . .. . AUGUST 2017

Purple Abalone dial SAN I on silicone strap is once only starting at 8pm tonight,  Sunday.  Tempting.... goldtone, rosetone, and SS variations in the 38mm size,  some with black strap,  some with white strap.

Honored Contributor

Hello watch collectors!! Has anyone purchased any watches from Swarovski?  I saw a beautiful one called Black Dreamy MOP.  I really want it but it's $399!! 

Respected Contributor

Pecky:  I'm not familiar with their watches,  so I looked this one up on their site.   It's a lovely watch with a beautiful black mop dial.  I like the clean lines of the face.  The watch is Swiss made,  which is great and also contributes to  the price.  I don't know if you could find the watch discounted anywhere.  Swarovski items are generally premium priced.  You can find other watches with better specifications at lower prices if you watch the sales.

The size of the case on the Black Dreamy is on the smaller side,  by today's standards.  But that is a matter of personal taste and if you prefer case sizes of about an inch to 1 1/4",  then that's perfect for you.  The water resistance level is limited... this is strictly a dress watch.... don't wear it if you are washing dishes.

The major concern I have is the bracelet.... while it looks like mesh in the picture and is very pretty,  in reading the description it seems like the bracelet is made up of tiny stones that are attached (how?) to some kind of fabric.  Questions that come to mind.... will the stones fall out over time,  will the stones catch on clothing,  will the strap be confortable to wear?  And how long is the strap and can the length be adjusted to fit your wrist?

Just for comparative purposes,  check out item 642-035, the S. Coifman Swiss made automatic watch on Evine.

It's on sale now for just under $225.  The SS version has a beautiful black mop dial.  No crystals,  and it might not be your taste.  It's slightly larger than the watch you were looking at,  but not oversized.  I just bought the SS version and the dial is stunning.   Now let's look at the specifications,  for comparison purposes.   Both watches are Swiss made.  The S. Coifman is an automatic.... generally considered far superior to a quartz watch.... more workmanship and no batteries.   Of course with an automatic watch you need to wear it to keep the time or else reset it if it's been sitting in the drawer.  The S. Coifman has a higher level of water resistance (although it's not particularly high either) and it has a scratch resistant crystal (glass) over the dial.   I'm not trying to convince you to buy the watch.... although I think it's beautiful and a wonderful buy at $225 for a Swiss made automatic.   I'm just sharing information so you can evaluate your purchase and decide what is right for you.

Do you want a watch you can wear everyday?  Are you looking for an unusual looking watch to wear only with certain outfits?  How big a factor is the price of the watch?

Are the looks and specifications of the watch of equal importance to you?

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Pecky:  I'm not familiar with their watches,  so I looked this one up on their site.   It's a lovely watch with a beautiful black mop dial.  I like the clean lines of the face.  The watch is Swiss made,  which is great and also contributes to  the price.  I don't know if you could find the watch discounted anywhere.  Swarovski items are generally premium priced.  You can find other watches with better specifications at lower prices if you watch the sales.

The size of the case on the Black Dreamy is on the smaller side,  by today's standards.  But that is a matter of personal taste and if you prefer case sizes of about an inch to 1 1/4",  then that's perfect for you.  The water resistance level is limited... this is strictly a dress watch.... don't wear it if you are washing dishes.

The major concern I have is the bracelet.... while it looks like mesh in the picture and is very pretty,  in reading the description it seems like the bracelet is made up of tiny stones that are attached (how?) to some kind of fabric.  Questions that come to mind.... will the stones fall out over time,  will the stones catch on clothing,  will the strap be confortable to wear?  And how long is the strap and can the length be adjusted to fit your wrist?

Just for comparative purposes,  check out item 642-035, the S. Coifman Swiss made automatic watch on Evine.

It's on sale now for just under $225.  The SS version has a beautiful black mop dial.  No crystals,  and it might not be your taste.  It's slightly larger than the watch you were looking at,  but not oversized.  I just bought the SS version and the dial is stunning.   Now let's look at the specifications,  for comparison purposes.   Both watches are Swiss made.  The S. Coifman is an automatic.... generally considered far superior to a quartz watch.... more workmanship and no batteries.   Of course with an automatic watch you need to wear it to keep the time or else reset it if it's been sitting in the drawer.  The S. Coifman has a higher level of water resistance (although it's not particularly high either) and it has a scratch resistant crystal (glass) over the dial.   I'm not trying to convince you to buy the watch.... although I think it's beautiful and a wonderful buy at $225 for a Swiss made automatic.   I'm just sharing information so you can evaluate your purchase and decide what is right for you.

Do you want a watch you can wear everyday?  Are you looking for an unusual looking watch to wear only with certain outfits?  How big a factor is the price of the watch?

Are the looks and specifications of the watch of equal importance to you?

@LavenderjunkieThank you so much for your great advice.  I did see this watch at the Swarovski store and what caught my attention to it was the strap.  I love the bling on it.  It is mesh and can be adjusted.  The SA showed me how they do it.  They unscrew it and cut the strap to your size and screw it back on.  It is extremely comfortable. I would not be wearing it everyday as I have many other watches.  I would wear it to dinner, shopping with friends etc... 

The water resistant isn't important to me as I won't be wearing it around water.  I did find a few on Ebay for alot less.  It would still come with the two year warranty and I do have a Swarovski store in my area.  

Respected Contributor

Pecky:  I'm glad you saw the watch in person and were able to get some of your questions answered.   If you buy it,  I hope you get a lot of pleasure wearing it.  That is one of the most important things about a watch purchase.

Regular Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

Hello watch collectors!! Has anyone purchased any watches from Swarovski?  I saw a beautiful one called Black Dreamy MOP.  I really want it but it's $399!! 

Welcome Pecky.  I admit I don't know anything about Swarovski watches.  I have their crystals sitting around.  Beautiful Crystal.  But I will be looking into them.  

I did get the YT 32mm S. Coifman and it's a winner.  I don't even have the plastic off of it yet but it's up and running on the wrist,with the rubber band trick.  It's a keeper.  I just love the looks of it.  The clean dial, no chrono dials (I don't use) and that lovely big sweeping second hand.  The MOP dial is impressive also.  Thx LJ for the enabling.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Jena:  I'm glad the S. Coifman is a winner for you.  I thought it might be.  They did a beautiful job with that watch... clean elegant design, high quality mop, and a Swiss made automatic.  Enjoy your new watch.

Good thing they don't have too many color variations or I'd be tempted to collect them all.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

LavJ,  I didn't think I could live with the size of this case.  But it works fine.  I think I'm gravitating back to the smaller.

Respected Contributor

Jena:  especially in the warmer weather! Smiley Happy   It's much easier to wear a smaller watch  even for those of us who have grown to enjoy larger watches. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a question for all you watch lovers.  I ordered an Invicta watch and I really like it but there is one thing that is totally bugging me.  When I look at the back of the watch, the wording is not centered.  It it tilted to the right.  Almost looks like it wasn't screwed on correctly.  It's bugging the heck out of me.  I don't know why because you can't see it.  I'm weird about things like that. Do you think it was put together correctly?