Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS. . .. . AUGUST 2017

Wow, the Invicta Lotus (643-715) has been marked down to $79.42. Anyone who was hesitant to buy it for $135 may want to take another look. I definitely think it's worth $80 and it's a nice-looking watch.

Respected Contributor

aprimo:  That is a good price.  Luckily they put the price back up so I'm no longer tempted..  Smiley Happy  A good sale often breaks my self control.

Frequent Contributor

Hi ALL....Just had to post and say I am hanging around. Beeen through s mickey aitomatic phase...ahhhhhhhhhhand now meteorites.from the sublime to the riduculous or maybe that should be the other way sround!!!!!!''

MY GOAL NOW IS TO SELL 1000 OF THE 5000 WATCHES. HUBBY INSISTS....OH HERE TO START AND WHERE RO STOP BUYING!!!!!!!!

TERRY

Respected Contributor

Hi all

Have been working fiendishly on a project. Friday is 9/1. I will try to start the thread.

Hey terryshay, 

It's good to hear from you. Did I read  correctly? 1,000 watches?

You might try a few other places other than ebay. Some sell their watches on Facebook or they even feature some watches on youtube.   I can tell you that there is a sizable watch community on FB. 

I just finished a very tough sale on ebay. In general, watcehs don't retain their resale value--unless you have a Rolly or something in that league.  I always had good luck with the original Renatos. Invictas tend to sell for about 25 percent of what you paid. Unless it's brand new. Or a very rare item.  It's really tough.

This after 10 years of selling watches. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Hi Terry.  Glad you stopped by to say hi.  I haven't counted my watches,  I'm afraid.  But your collection might be larger than mine.  Hope your sales effort is  successful.

Java,  I thought about the need for a new thread tomorrow.  Glad you are busy with work.

I've been doing my semi-annual watch check to see which ones need batteries.  So far,  over 2 dozen in the pile.  I still need to wind the automatics,  but at least they don't need batteries.   Between maintaining my watches and swapping out my summer and winter handbags,  I have a full time job.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I haven't given it any thought. I have been weariing the RD square with an white strap as a daily wear. It's very comfortable.

I no longer post pictures here, because photobucket has changed its business model and has locked my pictures unless I pony up a fee You can store them for free--just try posting them. i have ten years' worth of images.. We're talking about a lot of money. I will explore other options as I find time. Will be happy to share them.

My thoughts have also been on the Gulf Coast. Was aprimo from Houston area? I could be wrong. aprimo, I hope you're OK. Let us know. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Terry,

If you have pictures and have an idea of what you're looking for, someone expressed interest.  I don't know about the whole lot/

More thoughts on this:

The sheer number of it would get the wrong sort of attention  (Is this a real business?)

Determine the hgher end watches and sell them off singly. I would think any special sort of watches that are unontainable.

What's left, donate and document for your taxes. Possibly get one-third.

Contact any liquidators. They probably sell on ebay. It's just such a large number.

It would take forever to sell them all singly.

Respected Contributor

It's September.  Time for a new thread. Smiley Happy