Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS ....APRIL 2017

Java:  I like your abalone RD much better than the Bolt.  The Bolt was nice, especially the SS/RT version,  and no chrono pushers sticking up on the side.  But I still like the rectangular RD better.   Glad you are enjoying wearing yours.

Handbags, and watches, and handbags, and watches... the styles and colors and sales are very dangerous to my wallet. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The abalone dial Bolt is still active at the once only price.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I resisted the flash sale at macys. LOL.

I think the thing that really excited me was the price. I don't think I have ever seen a women's Bolt as low as $139. I think OO's on these were $169. May $179. Swiss Made verions.

What is disturbing is the bait-and-switch tactic often used. They emphasize the price. They, of course, don't point out that these were mostly Asian. They were so expensive in the beginning--as much as some of the Swiss pieces. 

But seiously, how many abalone watches can one person have? It's not about need! We

are long past the do-I-need-this-argument. LOL.

Speaking of the RD in abalone, it appears they used the same movement in the abalone Bolt, making it an appropriate price, but not a great bargain.

In other words, this is clearly not the Bolt Reserve of old.

Respected Contributor

Java: the first women's Bolt on a bracelet came out  a few years ago.  I bought it,  had to have it after all the Bolt hype.  It was not reserve and the movement was not Swiss.  And, the event price was $299.   I knew I was over paying and I've never forgotten that or the 'lesson' learned. But most disappointing of all,  I don't love the watch.  The chrono pushes and stem sticks out.  Also,  the brackets that hold the cable seem to catch on things.  Clearly not the same quality as the previously offered men's versions.   But we are familiar with that story.   And today,  even the men's watches aren't all like the originals.

Trusted Contributor

No LJ, I didn't see the show.  Besides I'm up to my ears in abalone and Bolts.  I'm just enjoying my two gemstone automatics.  Love them.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Good morning, ladies.

i was peeking at the watch specials. We are going to have lots of watch programming scheduled.

Whether WE buy or not, I will always continue to post things/deals about watches. Smiley Happy

Wing has some shows coming up, but I haven't seen any Hydromatics. That doesn't mean they won't magically appear. Speaking of magic, I could only come up with a fifteen percent code. For NY people, that basically pays for the tax they charge. 

For GV2 (Gevril) fans, they have some very nice watches. However, I don't think they changed the system for changing straps. Don't expect a Michele. I once set one back because the pin system is idiotic. It is so easy to send the pins flying through the air. It's either wear on the straps and forget the bracelet. Or solder the pin to the bracelet and don't count on using the straps. If they are just on a bracelet--OK. If they are just on a strap--OK. 

They will also be bringing in Gucci timepieces.  Still Swiss Made. Don't know how long that will last.

Because of the 2018 deadline imposed by the Swiss Federation, this may be opporuntiy to pick up very reasonably priced Swiss watches. In additiion, the Swiss watch industry saw a 30 percent reduction in exports to the U.S. last year. To my lurking friends searching for really nice watches, save your pennies.  This is a window of opportunity open to you.

Trusted Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Good morning, ladies.

i was peeking at the watch specials. We are going to have lots of watch programming scheduled.

Whether WE buy or not, I will always continue to post things/deals about watches. Smiley Happy

Wing has some shows coming up, but I haven't seen any Hydromatics. That doesn't mean they won't magically appear. Speaking of magic, I could only come up with a fifteen percent code. For NY people, that basically pays for the tax they charge. 

For GV2 (Gevril) fans, they have some very nice watches. However, I don't think they changed the system for changing straps. Don't expect a Michele. I once set one back because the pin system is idiotic. It is so easy to send the pins flying through the air. It's either wear on the straps and forget the bracelet. Or solder the pin to the bracelet and don't count on using the straps. If they are just on a bracelet--OK. If they are just on a strap--OK. 

They will also be bringing in Gucci timepieces.  Still Swiss Made. Don't know how long that will last.

Because of the 2018 deadline imposed by the Swiss Federation, this may be opporuntiy to pick up very reasonably priced Swiss watches. In additiion, the Swiss watch industry saw a 30 percent reduction in exports to the U.S. last year. To my lurking friends searching for really nice watches, save your pennies.  This is a window of opportunity open to you.

@JavaQueen This is SOOOO true! I bought a GV2 Marsala from Evine last year and it's a beautiful watch. But I only tried changing from the bracelet to the strap once and that learned me. The frustration was off the charts! The pin went flying on me numerous times. I despaired of ever getting the bracelet back on again. I finally got it back on and vowed to NEVER attempt to change it out again.

Respected Contributor

aprimo,

Thanks for posting. Was hoping that they would have changed them, but obviously not. What a shame. They make nice watches and would be an affordable alternative to the Michele watches (which they "pay homage to.")

Michele watches are so expensive now. They were never cheap, but in the beginning, they were moderately affordable. I remember when the Michele Deco was between $600-$800.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It appears that evine has acquired Princeton Watches. They were sort of the predecessor to a Wow website. Or maybe they were started about the same time, I am not sture. 

I was wondering where all the watches came from if there were no SWI to distribute them.  They did have liquidation of the inventory to pay the creditors. If you go to the princeton web site, you will see that they are "a subsidiary of evine."

Does anyone remember when they had a separate watch web site. I think that went away after the second downsizing many yerars ago.

A few more things, they have lowered the SANI autos with gemstones. It's only $10 more than the Once Only price. 

They have posted the new Aragon hydraumatics, but no 40mm. Only 46mm and 50mm. Hmm...

I clicked on the watch to get details and just a weird error message. Did that this morning with a different watch and it was the same.

Respected Contributor

Re: Aragon's Hydraumatic  

The site came back up and I was able to read through the description.

On the Aragon site, they only have the 40mm verison (so it does exist.) On evine they show only 46mm and 50mm. However, in the illustration posted, they show all three sizes. I don't know why they can'put the 40mm out also?