Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS ....APRIL 2017

Hi aub.

Glad you like it. You definitely don't see these coming and going!

The bracelet is longer at the 12 o'clock position. That is the part that should be on top as you look at your wrist. I had to try it two different ways. I could wear it lower, but I think I like this above the wristbone. It has a little bit of lume too.

The box is good, too.

This is close to  $300 on the ARAGON site. (It has the same model number as the TTV.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Java, I don't notice the one side being longer, but I did get it to fit a little snugger if I have that (12 o'clock) side overlapping the bottom (6 o'clock) side when it's on my wrist.

ETA:  You're right about the lume!  I just lit it up with my UV flashlight & it's nice!

Trusted Contributor

I certainly am glad to get your reviews, Java & Aub.  I just had a feeling the way that watch looked like it would be a problem for my 5.75" wrist.  I figured it would just have to overlap because it looked like Kendys did in that video.  I love unique watches and I would love to own it.  I'm glad I passed now.  It sure was a struggle.  

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Kendy has a 6 inch wrist and I noticed that she was holding her arm/wrist in a certain way. She is quite thin. Even when Wing wears them, they overlap. He has a 6.5 inch wrist.

The description says there is a 7.25 inch circumference on the inside. That is usually what I wear in a women's bracelet if I want drape. So I am right on the edge.

I wouldn't have ordered if Kendy hadn't been able to wear it. It can be worn "as a bangle," but it is better fitted, I think.

Respected Contributor

Aubnwa and Java:  enjoy your new watch.  It's a unique design and seems like it will make a good addition to your watch collections.  Hope you find wearing the style is comfortable.

Java:  I checked out the Roberto Cavalli watches.   Some interesting designs,  but most had crystals,  and I am not a fan of crystals,  at any price.... certainly not at those prices.

The one watch I liked,  on a bracelet, no crystals was only 33mm diameter.   I'm might have been tempted to order,  but the bracelet length was listed at 7" and I didn't want to take a chance.  I haven't measured my wrist lately,  but my guess is it's about 7" above the wrist where I am wearing my watches these days.  Returns are a big hassle for me,  and those prices weren't great enough to take the chance.... names don't really impress me.... Swiss made is great,  but the water resistance level wasn't impressive and the bracelet attachment looked low end.

So I saved some money.  Interesting show to watch though and I was glad to see so many styles for women, in Swiss made watches,  even tho they weren't for me..

I can shop in my watch boxes for free! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

LavJ, 

I felt there were lovely designs, but I really think they are truly high-end fashion watches and that's about it. These $$$ brands tend to make smaller bracelets for women. You probably would pay for additional links. It's always good to have wiggle room or a spare link. You just never know.

I liked the men's piece the best. I am not a fan of crystals either. I think there are some designs that I like to look at, but wouldn't purchase--if that makes sense.

You still have some lovely watches and all you have to do take them out. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Java:  so true.

Frequent Contributor

Well, the Hydraumatic went back.

If I didn't overlap the bracelet it flopped around too much due to the weight. It did fit ok with an overlap. But the raised springs stood up too high off the wrist for my taste. It felt too industrial for me and I just didn't love it.

There will be others to tempt me I'm sure.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jazzy, Sorry that it didn't work for you.  It's a funny watch; people either love it or hate it. I wear a lot of black the gunmetal is OK. It could be that I am used to wearing very big wtaches--although I haven't worn anything larger than 42-43mm in years. This is one I wear above the wristbone.

The watch doesn't look that big--the phone camera magnifies it. The black/grey combination helps to tone it down. When my wrist is cold, it does slide. Have always had that problem.

Respected Contributor

Java:  looks sharp on your wrist.

Jazzy:  sorry it didn't work for you.