Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS--APRIL 2016

I received the GT SAN III abalone dial on a bracelet (637-725) today and it's gorgeous! I removed only one of the smaller links and it fits nicely above my wrist bone. I don't know why, but the GT just looks great with the abalone.

The question is, how will I choose between this one and the SAN I abalone?

I cannot allow myself to buy the SS as well!

Trusted Contributor

Aprimo, I'm happy it's a keeper.  That's how our collections get so large.  Having near duplicates but different.  I guess  I have one GT Abalone (47mm),  I GT Excursion with a platinum dial (looks like abalone) and 1 SS abalone. Both 38  -  40 mm I believe.  I love the dials, but I think I have enough.  

Today I went back to my pink sili.  I just love that watch.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

aprimo:  glad you love the GT abalone dial SAN III.  It's a beauty.  The dial is stunning and I love the texture on the bracelet.  

And I want the SS version also.... trying not to buy it to avoid even more duplications.  When I consider the # of SAN III I have and the # of abalone dials I have,  and the number of SAN III with abalone dials,  the rational part of me says.... enough.   But the watch collector is saying in  my ear.... the SAN III SS abalone dial on a bracelet is amazing.  And it's not exactly the same as a SAN I SS abalone or a SAN III SS abalone on a strap, or a GT abalone SAN I or SAN III or a SAN III with a different dial.   You get the picture.  Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

aprimo:  glad you love the GT abalone dial SAN III.  It's a beauty.  The dial is stunning and I love the texture on the bracelet.  

And I want the SS version also.... trying not to buy it to avoid even more duplications.  When I consider the # of SAN III I have and the # of abalone dials I have,  and the number of SAN III with abalone dials,  the rational part of me says.... enough.   But the watch collector is saying in  my ear.... the SAN III SS abalone dial on a bracelet is amazing.  And it's not exactly the same as a SAN I SS abalone or a SAN III SS abalone on a strap, or a GT abalone SAN I or SAN III or a SAN III with a different dial.   You get the picture.  Woman LOL

It's such a nice touch that the subdials have MOP backing. I need to stop!

Respected Contributor

Hi all:

Hope everyone is well.

On flash sale the SANV on a strap for $219. They only have the black/rose on a strap. But still pretty cool. So if you don't like the weight of the bracelet and love the V, try that.

Hope those who wanted the Swiss Auto 40mm were able to pick up at the OO price of under $200.

I really like the GD with MOP and diamonds (platinum)? Also, waiting in the wings, they will release a GD auto with over a carat of diamonds. (that one isn't cheap.)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gee thx Java, now I'm wanting that two tone GD with platinum MOP (637-854). 38mm and diamonds. It's an automatic, love the uncomplicated dial and great price. $128.07. Love this watch. If I could have gotten it at free shipping, they offer it, here and there if you purchase with their c/c. Hope the price holds till that free shipping occurs. I fall to the automatics now. I just replaced 30 batteries, tired tired tired of dead batteries. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Oh how true. I have ten watches needing batteries. Just discovered them this morning.  I wish they had released that MOP GD sooner,; maybe I wouldn't have purchased the International (which is still pretty cool.) Yes, I know that they had released the back MOP, but the current model could be really pretty with the right MOP.

Trusted Contributor

I just read that this GD is made in Malaysia and that makes a difference. Thank goodness, I needed that. Now I'll wait till Java finds another goodie. Smiley Wink
Trusted Contributor

Speaking of that Grand Diver International, it is on a Once Only price of $98.65 tonight. If I didn't already have so many GD autos, I wouldn't be able to resist this.

Respected Contributor

Well,  the SS SAN III abalone dial sold out,  so I can stop torturing myself.