Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS--APRIL 2016

[ Edited ]

Welcome Pandalady.  We love watches.  Even those of us who have way too many, we keep buying.  This thread is an enabler.  If you don't want a watch, just following this thread will get you interested.  Like me, for instance.  I have so many watches,  I swore off buying anymore.  But I did just that.  Upon reading the enthusiasm here about certain finds, we get interested and then a good sale pops in and we are buying again. 

LJ, you get an A+ for all the info you researched and gave to Pandalady.  

My pink sili watch (#634-928) is due Surepost Thursday and I can't wait as usual.  At least I won't have to size it.  I started counting my pink watches, and I got up to 12 and quit looking.  What's another pink one???   Now maybe this will be my last watch.  Just to wear what I have from now on.  Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena: you have always loved pink watches,  that is why you buy them.  Just enjoy your new treasure,  and don't count.  The others are already paid for.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie  Thank you for all of the wonderful ideas you gave me.  I wasn't able to get online earlier when I got home from work due to stormy weather affecting Internet.  I hope to browse tomorrow when I get home.  I will definitely let you know.  My grandmother left me with a Seiko watch when she passed away.  It is a bracelet watch in goldtone.  I don't wear it often to preserve what she gave me.  It is dainty and I do like it for that reason.

@jenagal and @aprimo, thank you for the welcome.  This seems like a ver nice place to chat!

I will certainly return and talk timepieces with you wonderful girls!  Thank you!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

pandalady:  we are always happy to chat about watches.  Visit with us as often as you like.  That's how we have built our 'group' and kept it going for many years.  BTW,  we open a new thread each month,  just to make it easier for everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Ok gals.  Who owns the SAN V, SS and blue or pink MOP dials?  #630-014 is on my wrist now and when we bought those watches, we really got a great looking watch.  I bot the blue MOP but I should have also ordered the pink.  That is the best looking watch.  LJ, do you wear yours?  I just have to swoon all over it, for I haven't laid my eyes on it for awhile.  Get yours out LJ, and let it see the light of day.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Jena:  I have the SAN V SS with the pink mop dial.  It's one of my favorite dials and cases.   I would like to own the blue mop also,  but as I remember,  the overall look wasn't that different because the color of the dial is very soft.  I think I returned the blue mop because I had more blue dials than pink.

Trusted Contributor

Well LJ, thinking back. I think you should have sent me the pink and you kept the blue....LOL.
Trusted Contributor

@jenagal wrote:

Ok gals.  Who owns the SAN V, SS and blue or pink MOP dials?  #630-014 is on my wrist now and when we bought those watches, we really got a great looking watch.  I bot the blue MOP but I should have also ordered the pink.  That is the best looking watch.  LJ, do you wear yours?  I just have to swoon all over it, for I haven't laid my eyes on it for awhile.  Get yours out LJ, and let it see the light of day.  Smiley Wink

I got the SAN V GT on the white leather strap and I still love it. I wore it just the other day. I talked myself out of the one on the bracelet back then and I'm kind of sorry about it now.

Respected Contributor

I'd like to add another SAN V to my collection.  I may have to see what's out there.  I wish they would make a two tone variation and some other dial colors.

Respected Contributor

My SAN III GT abalone dial has arrived.   The dial is beautiful.  After watching the presentations I'm tempted to get the SS version too.  I think that the SS was even better looking.   But I already have the SS SAN III abalone on the black strap, so I'm going to stick with what I have.  I think I have enough abalone dials... 4 of them!