Honored Contributor

@jenagal 

Due in part to covid, I've got several watches that died, need batteries and my jewelry/watch guy closed his business.

I got a $50 Macy's gift certificate for the holidays, and it occurred to me that maybe the guy in the jewelry dept could replace at least a few ... and I could wear them again,   

Assuming they replace watch batteries in Jewelry.   I've never noticed.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS 2023

[ Edited ]

Hi Tinkrbll44.   I was going to say, that I know Walmart changes batteries and I stood and watched the clerk scratch up the backs of the watches.  I thought maybe paying them a small fee, I could get some batteries changed but after watching that, I guess not.  So what I am trying to say is, if you go to a high end dept. store you would think they would be more careful.  So where ever you go, its best to watch them work on others first.  Thats the only downside of owning a lot of watches.  Of course also in this day and age you don't want to let anyone see your sparkling beauty  on your arm or you might get tackled.   

Good to see you Tinkrbll44.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

I take my high end watches to a high end jeweler for any maintenance required. I'm sure they will charge you a fee but if they are smart they will want to earn your business and it may be nominal.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone.  I know there are watch collectors out there but we have gotten sidetracked.  

Lav gave us quite a scenario on movements and we all just got off track again.  LavJ, you know more than any of us when it comes to all this.  You are a wealth of information.   When it comes to birthdays, I bet you didnt get a watch, lol.  I havent received one either, In ages.  I haven't lost my love for what I own.  So far, the automatics that I revive, all seem to come to life.  

Speaking of movements, I hope my dead batteries have not taken out any of my expensive movements.  Once we get into better weather, I must get to my jeweler.  Too cold and snowy now.  

Hey Aub, LavJ, Kachina, anyone around?

Trusted Contributor

IT LOOKS LIKE NO ONE IS AROUND.  WHERE ARE THE OLD WATCH COLLECTORS?  

I MUST FESS UP.  EVERY WATCH I OWN NEEDS A BATTRY.  THANK GOODNESS FOR AUTOMATICS.  I HAVE MAYBE 16 AND THEY ARE KEEPING ME GOING.  EVERY SINCE THE CVD, I JUST HAVE NOT APPROACHED MY JEWELER.  JUST WANTING TO SAY  Hi.  

Honored Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS 2023

[ Edited ]

Hi @jenagal. Yes, ive got more dead soldier than I know what to do with.  My jewelry store has gone from $10 to $16. for a replacement.  It would cost a fortune to replace them all.

Have you been doing okay?  How are you amusing yourself  every day?  

I actually bought a new watch in June, the complete opposite of what I used to buy, from a company in Denmark.  The minimalist look, 32mm, black dial with no markers, stainless  steel.  I've enjoyed it but wish it was a little larger.  The white mark is a reflection.

20231031_121109.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Hi Kachina.  You did find me.  Well I went sticking my nose into two of your last postings, thinking maybe I could alert you to my being in here.  Its been so long that I had to resign in and then to find the PW. But I finally made it.  Looking back I see its been over a year since LavJ was on QVC.  I don't know about Aub, Jazzy etc, I hope everyone is ok.  After the pandemic life has not been the same.  I'm sure my jeweler thinks I passed away.  I'm in a quandary, just what one do with all these 'dead' watches.  Seems like no one wears watches anymore unless they are an Apple or a watch that takes blood pressure etc.  Now the beauties we own, and I just love them yet.....but who feels comfortable wearing them anymore.   I just love what I own, but no one else would baby them like I do.  

Good to hear from you again Kachina.  I'm just getting old, haven't watched a 'watch' show in months and months.  They used to be a nightly affair.  Oh we all had fun, it will never be the same.  Let's keep in touch.  Hopefully more will find we are here.  

Trusted Contributor
Just wanted to say, I like your watch, just needs to be larger….lol.
Respected Contributor

Hi @jenagal & @Kachina624 !  I'm still around, but the only watches I wear anymore are my Citizen Eco Drives.  All of my regular watches have long dead batteries & the place I used to go to get battery changes started charging $25 a pop, too rich for my blood, so they sit dead & lonely in my watch boxes.

I did try changing a couple of batteries myself & the Michele & Renato Vulcan that I did are still ticking along.  It's been at least a couple of years since I even added any new Citizens, I think I have enough! 

I don't even get Shop or whatever it's called these days anymore on my TV provider, so I couldn't watch any watch shows if I wanted & I have less than zero interest in Invicta at this point.  I don't even watch much QVC anymore.

Honored Contributor

@jenagal wrote:
Just wanted to say, I like your watch, just needs to be larger….lol.

@jenagal.  No item number, bought from a Facebook ad after I'd thoroughly checked it out.  If you indicate an interest in one product, ads for 50 similar ones pop up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment