Respected Contributor

@jenagal   The only Seiko that I own is an old school quartz with a sapphire crystal that I got in about 1994 at Costco.  It's a pretty watch that I wore for years.  I beat that thing up, but still looks OK though the battery is dead & the case is too small for me now.  Before I got it, I had ruined so many watch crystals whapping them against brick walls & such! 

Honored Contributor

I find that I'll pick a favorite watch and wear it for months, then move on to another. 

This Christian Barnard is my current choice.  It's about 38mm, very thin and shiny, made in France of Swiss parts.  Easy to read. 

20220606_122758.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Hi Kachina.  Yes, I know what you mean.  I have a favorite go to also. DA2576B2-7035-4FD7-80C0-8878408884C1.jpeg

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS 2022

[ Edited ]

I'm all about an easy to read at a glance watch face, too.  I ordered this one from Citizen (I like that they'll size it for you before they ship it & send along the extra links, too)  It hasn't shipped yet.  The style is called Arezzo & the case is 35mm.

ETA:  I've been wearing my blue mop face Calendrier a lot lately.

Trusted Contributor
Do you go to citizen.com or what. Im going to shop there too. Naughty naughty shouldn’t do. I’ll be buying and I don’t need another watch..Smiley Wink
Trusted Contributor
My watch above, has a marshmallow iridescent face. Love it.
Respected Contributor

@jenagal wrote:
Do you go to citizen.com or what. Im going to shop there too. Naughty naughty shouldn’t do. I’ll be buying and I don’t need another watch..Smiley Wink

@jenagal  Yes,  I went to Citizen dot com, but went in thru Mr. Rebates & I'll get a $11.95 cash back rebate, plus free S&H & they'll size it to whatever size you choose.  Sizing takes an extra couple of days, but I can wait.

Respected Contributor

@jenagal wrote:

Hi Kachina.  Yes, I know what you mean.  I have a favorite go to also. DA2576B2-7035-4FD7-80C0-8878408884C1.jpeg

@jenagal  This style is called the Corso IIRC?  I have several of this style in various colors, but mine are all on metal bracelets.  Living in a hot climate, I don't care much for leather straps on watches.  Gets too sweaty under the strap for me.

Trusted Contributor

Yep, I have many dead soldiers, only one is still running, a Swiss Legend.  I'm almost afraid to open the watches up to replace the batteries in fear that a battery has leaked and ruined the watch.  Then I'll really cry over how much money I stupidly spent on watches.

I've changed my nic since the watch buying days, you may remember me as Sweet Susie.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS 2022

[ Edited ]

Welcome River Song aka Sweet Susie..  I don't seem to recall your former name, but heck, yesterdays breakfast is not easy to come by either.  Lol.

Aub. , I know why you dont care for leather but heck, it goes on quick and doesnt pinch my skin. 

I looked up the Corso's and found a blue dial CeCi. Now if that watch had a 35 or larger dial, I would be having a problem right now.  I love that blue watch.  But its 32, too small.  Thank goodness.

Well maybe tomorrow I'm going to ring Lavenderjunkie's bell.....she has to get in here.  Smiley Wink

After all this time, its nice talking about watches again.