Respected Contributor

My new Citizen Arezzo arrived today & it's perfect!  When I ordered the Calendrier last year, I had asked them to size the bracelet to 7 1/8", since if I wear a bracelet (which is not often) I wear a 7 1/2", but the 7 1/8" was just a tad too big & I ended up removing a half link myself to get a good fit. 

This time I asked them to size it to 7" & it's just right.  I can get my index fingertip under the bracelet, but it's not so big that it flops around on my wrist.  The case on this model feels a little thinner & less bulky on the wrist & although it a 35mm case, it feels bigger, because the dial opening is larger so the face seems bigger.  It's just a simple 3 hand design with an uncluttered dial.  I don't need a date window since I never set them right anyway.  I like an easy to read dial the older I get!

Regular Contributor

Aub, I bet you love your new watch.  Before I always made sure my watch had a month display and now, I don't set them because I cant read them anyway.  I like your watch face.  I also don't like less than 35mm and that blue dial watch I found, I could not order it because it was too small.  I need to get mine updated with new batteries and stick to my ECO's and automatics.

Respected Contributor

@Jena gal  I think it will be a good everyday watch.  The case is 35mm & the dial opening is 30mm, so a nice wide open easy to read face.  Sapphire crystal & a dual deployant clasp will make it hopefully last a good long while.  The only reason I ever need to know the date is if I'm writing a check, which I only do at home & I have calendars & my computer or i-Phone to tell me the date here at a glance.  My eyeballs aren't so good for reading little stuff these days, so no date windows for me!  I just need a watch to tell me what time it is when I'm out & about, since I never wear a watch at home. 

Honored Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS 2022

[ Edited ]

I still loving wearing a wristwatch. I currently have 9 watches. After staying home for 2 years, most of mine had dead batteries when I finally started going back into the world once I was vaccinated & COVID cases declined. 

I don't own anything super expensive, but I enjoy what I have. For warm weather I wear my white leather band Invicta watch with gold gone dial or my tan floral cutout band watch.

I have 3 black watches. One is a smaller and dressier watch with a black croco embossed band. The other 2 are an AK ceramic watch and a casual black leather band watch with an animal print design around the face. 

I also have a two tone metal watch and a watch with interchangeable plaid bands. My final 2 are souvenir keepsake type watches: Harry Potter and 101 Dalmatians.

Enjoy wearing your watches, Everyone! ⌚️

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny that you say, you never wear a watch at home, Aub. I always wear one. I may nev er look at it, once it was upside down and I didn’t even know it till time to take it off. Funny. Its a piece of jewelry and im dressed up that much, anyway. Its hard to retrain old school gals. Lol.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Hi Wilma.  I wish I could say I owned 9 watches, oh would I be a happy camper.  Instead I have way to many and most all need batteries.  Thank goodness for the automatics and my ECO's.  Love my watches that run on light, no batteries needed.  I wish that I found them early in my collection, rather than at the end.

Honored Contributor

Funny, but like others, several of my watches' batteries went dead and the watch guy I go to closed his business during covid. 

I have been more interested in watch ads lately, and it occurred to me I ought to just go get batteries for those that are dead, and then I will have several "new" watches to wear ...  duh.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@jenagal   I've never gone a day without wearing a watch.  I'd feel nude.  I look at it often, you'd think I actually had somewhere to go.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The only time I need to wear a watch is when I'm out & about!  I have so many clocks in my house, just about any which way you turn in here, you can see a clock & they're all running!  Just here in my office, there are 3 clocks, plus the time on my computer & on my cordless phone.  In my kitchen, I can see the clock on my range & microwave & another clock at one end of the room & a big grandfather clock at the other. I even have a little clock in my master bath.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well in this length of time I thought surely Lavenderjunkie would have found us.  She needs someone to ring her bell.    Hey LJ, where are you?

In the meantime, enough going on with me that I haven't had a chance to think about putting a big investment into changing out dead soldiers for good batteries.  I need my watches working?  Oh I hate to even think about it.  Im sure my jeweler must have thought i bit the dust with the CVD.  Why I fell off the face of the earth.  

Hello everyone, anybody getting their watches all started up again?