Trusted Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie 

Thanks Kachina.  Frankly I dont remember what I am doing on here anymore.  It's been so long since I tried to post, I didn't remember how I got in.  But I finally accomplished that last night but notifying is beyond me.

You do what you have to, we have to get her attention.  Thx.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Hi @jenagal , @Kachina624 & anyone else.  I've only been wearing my Citizen Eco Drives for the past couple of years & have a ton of dead soldiers, too. 

I did try to change my own batteries in a few favorites (A couple of Renatos, a Michele & Deep Blue pink MOP Lady Diver) that I was able to get the back of the case off & then order batteries from Amazon.  They all seem to still be ticking away, but it's not something I want to do much of!  Mostly, I just reach for a Citizen!

I did add a new Citizen Calendrier in blue MOP that I ordered directly from Citizen when they had a sale last year sometime.  They even sized it for me before shipping, though I did still end up removing an extra link myself to get a good fit.  This is what it looks like & I like & have worn it a lot:

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01    That's a good looking watch.  I like the light blue dial.  Very denim friendly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  I guess that's why I've been wearing it so much!  It goes with everything!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Aub.  Great to see you.  I know what you mean about the ECO's, that is my main pull.  I set them on a stand where they can look towards the window and gather in the light.  Between them and the automatics, I haven't even looked at the rest.  Depressing.  I have a navy blue ECO but I like that one you have.  I have to watch it..lol...I cannot get excited about any more watches but darn it, those ECO's do get my attention.  I have so many watches that I wish NOW that I didn't own.  But you get caught up in the moment and go after them.  THEN I got introduced to the ECO's thx Aub...lol.  And now I want no other.  I do have a white MOP ECO that is dead so I suppose that battery is shot for some reason.  Thats the first one to go to the jeweler.  Anyway, I love my watches and I like it when we get together and talk about our interest.  

Lav?  Where R U?

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@jenagal  "Does anyone have watches with all dead batteries like I do."

You don't pull the crown out to prevent the battery from running when watch(es) are not in use?   If not, why not?  confused.gif

Yes lol, I am not a big collector but my watches were all dead.  I am getting batteries one or two at a time.  Batteries here are about 8.00.  A couple of my Invictas are hard to get the batteries replaced.  The back is hard to get off.  There is a pawn shop here who has an old school jewelry repair person.  He has no trouble getting the back off.  I am taking one of mine in today.Smiley Happy  I always wear a watch and I was down to one with a good battery.

Trusted Contributor
@Lavenderjunkie

Hi Sunshine. Yes it seems we are all in the same fix. During the 2 year CVD span, some jewelers were not even open for awhile. I wasnt in the mood for battery changing either. So now I have a big problem. I just have to wear a watch also, its like leaving part of your normal getting ready dress for the day off. The younger crowd dont seem to want a watch, a cell phone does it all. Not me, Im old school I guess.
Hey LJ, where are you?
Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS 2022

[ Edited ]

Hi Watch Enthusiasts.  

Can you believe its time to put flowers out on the graves, already?  Didn't we just finish up with Christmas?  Lol.  Blink and it will be Labor Day.  It will be nice to have a maskless summer.  The last 2 years were unbelievable.  

Aub?  Do you have this watch? I cannot get this one to run.  So the battery must be shot.  I've never experienced getting a dead battery replaced on a Seiko.  Probably pretty costly.  I haven't been able to wear it for years now, its time to change that.  Love my Seiko's.DFBEE93E-C5BE-4080-9BF0-0579A492B410.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@jenagal wrote:
@Lavenderjunkie

Hi Sunshine. Yes it seems we are all in the same fix. During the 2 year CVD span, some jewelers were not even open for awhile. I wasnt in the mood for battery changing either. So now I have a big problem. I just have to wear a watch also, its like leaving part of your normal getting ready dress for the day off. The younger crowd dont seem to want a watch, a cell phone does it all. Not me, Im old school I guess.
Hey LJ, where are you?

I am old school too, love my watchesSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Try negotiating with your jewelers.  Tell him you have a lot of dead watch and ask what kind of deal he can give you.  Mine does one free with every 4 I bring to him plus they offered me 20 for $100.  They can tell I'm a watch goldmine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment