Honored Contributor

@JazzyVR  @Lavenderjunkie  @jenagal   I just ran across this thread.  It's good to hear from y'all although these posts are old.

I'm delighted to hear I'm not the only one with drawers full of dead soldiers.  I'd have to take out a loan to get new batteries in all my watches.  I do still wear a watch each and every day.  The past year or so I've mostly worn a Michele MW2 which was an old model, very large and square with diamonds and leather strap.

In my old age, I seem to have acquired macular degeneration and my vision is declining so I can't read many watches very well but I can see the Michele.  Both of my parents had MD.

I've been sequestered alone with my 2 dogs since last February.  I had facial surgery to remove a skin cancer.  I was disfigured so stayed in until it healed, then we know what happened next.  So I became a reluctant hermit.  I do grocery pick up at Walmart and that's the extent of my social life.  No relatives here.

Glad to hear everyone has survived this nightmare we're living.  How are you all amusing yourselves?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kachina and all other watch collectors.

I'm hoping you are all well.

Nothing new on the watch front. I upgraded to the new Apple watch 6 and that's mainly what I wear these days. 

I'm back to mainly staying in, due to rising Covid cases and being high risk. The occasional curbside grocery pickup or doctor's appointment is about all I go out for. And the latter may convert to video.

Kachina: sorry to hear about the MD. I also have poor vision these days due to a cataract. It can't be operated on until my uveitis is under control, and I'm still trying different meds to accomplish that.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'll be cooking for just me, but it is what it is.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS 2021

[ Edited ]

Hello to the Watch collectors.  Lavernderjunkie?  Where are you?  Jazzy, Kachina, Aubnw, Java, and the rest of you.  It's been so long that I have drawn a mental blank.  

I also have drawers full of dead soldiers.  What a shame.  I found I had wrist skin cancer and once that was removed, I was lacking a lot of 'meat' and I in no way could wear a watch for many many months.  So with the batteries going dead, the virus and the surgery, my beautiful watches all slept the time away.  I do have 3 Citizen ECO drives that I do switch between.  I absolutely love those watches and being they run on solar and no batteries needed, they are always up to date when I pick them up.  Well with Spring here, maybe I can get in the mood to get my deadies running again.  My jeweler hasn't seen me since last year so she must have thought that I died......

Sorry Kachina to hear about your MD and your surgery.  It's not easy getting old.  Each day its a challenge.  With everyone getting the vaccine shots, we ought to be able to get out more.  But not everyone is sold on them.  So far I've taken one, and undecided about the 2nd.  I just heard today that there are thousands out there waiting on the 2nd shot also.  

Hopefully none of our followers got the virus and left us.  Thats a terrible virus to get and I'm running fast ahead of it, trying to stay safe.  

Ok gals, hope to hear from you.  Meanwhile stay safe. 

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Watch Collectors?  Anyone around? Lavenderjunkie? Kachina? Aubnw? Java? Jazzy? And many more of you but its been so long, I forgot.  

Our beautiful watches sure got put to the background, masks became the thing.  It feels good to get out and about again, made it through it all....so far.

Its time to get digging out the watches that need new batteries.  In my case..ALL of them except the automatics.  

Hello??

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Hi @jenagal !  I've been mostly wearing my no-fuss Citizen Eco-Drives, but I did open the back of my 36mm Michele to see what battery it took, ordered some from Amazon & replaced it.   Was relieved when I saw it was running after I closed the caseback, since I've never done that before.  Every other quartz watch I own is deader than a doornail, but I like that Michele & have missed it.  Now, I just need to go somewhere, so I can wear it!