Honored Contributor

WAS THE 5/12 SILVER SALE ADVERTISED?

I happened to notice the QVC website yesterday and that they were having a "flash" sale of sterling jewelry.   

Was this previously advertised?   I didn't know anything about it until I saw it on the QVC home page.   

Trusted Contributor

Re: WAS THE 5/12 SILVER SALE ADVERTISED?

@Tinkrbl44 Like you I just happened to notice it when I was scrolling around the Q website.  I was tempted to order something I had my eye on but regained self-control.  lol

Respected Contributor

If it had been advertised it would not have been a "flash" sale........

Valued Contributor

It sure wasnt, I didnt know there was one until you mentioned it.

I did happen to notice, a silver item on my wish list was marked down and scooped it up.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@froggy 

And if it HAD been advertised, more people would have bought something.  Frankly, I don't see the point of sales that are kept a secret right up until the minute it starts.   Maybe you see the point of secret sales, but I don't. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@froggy 

And if it HAD been advertised, more people would have bought something.  Frankly, I don't see the point of sales that are kept a secret right up until the minute it starts.   Maybe you see the point of secret sales, but I don't. 

@Tinkrbl44 

I didn't say I liked them. I was just explaining why it wasn't advertised.

Respected Contributor

LOL @Tinkrbl44 I understand your point completely. Once upon a time, I might have been watching QVC and therefore been aware of whatever "flash" event they were having but I no longer do that.

Most days they bore the heck out of me with the same old same old so now I only turn it on if I notice something on the program guide that I might want to watch AND if it has a host who isn't going to make me grind my teeh.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

LOL @Tinkrbl44 I understand your point completely. Once upon a time, I might have been watching QVC and therefore been aware of whatever "flash" event they were having but I no longer do that.

Most days they bore the heck out of me with the same old same old so now I only turn it on if I notice something on the program guide that I might want to watch AND if it has a host who isn't going to make me grind my teeh.

@GinaV24 

IMO, The shopping networks "flash events" are not well thought out ....

Get this .... last Saturday morning I received an email from ShopHQ announcing a short term flash something or other ... starting right now.   The problem was, I received that email as dated at 4:13am pacific time.  Now, maybe there are some west coast early shoppers ...  but how can starting a flash sale at 4 in the morning produce much revenue?  Who comes up with these crazy ideas?