Honored Contributor

Victoria Wieck is treated like a star on Evine

I'm glad she appears to be doing so well.  I think HSN shoved her out because of Colleen's line and Carol Brodie's overpriced line. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Victoria Wieck is treated like a star on Evine

i think she is a better fit at Evine.  she is doing more small-run unusual pieces - rather than the usual cookie cutter looks done in quantity so prevalent at shopping channels.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also, she is about the only line on Evine now to offer CZ, they phased out Brilliante, which I loved.

Honored Contributor

I think H has really bad jewelry choices ,now. I never see anything I lik, it looks cheapk and it's over priced for what it is, imo

Respected Contributor

The only pieces I ever purchased from HSN were from the Victoria Wieck line. The one Rarities piece I purchased, I sent back. It was flimsy. 

They might have brought her in to replace Chuck. (He's close to retirement age.) It's the same kind of jewelry and the same type of clientele. The only thing is that Chuck has that personality and following that can't be matched. 

This is purely speculation. 

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen.  I always assumed Chuck was grooming his kids to slide into his chair eventually.  The trouble is, they aren't Chuck and don't have his charisma.  I no longer consider buying Chuck's jewelry but he's great entertainment.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I thought so to. I love Chuck for the entertainment value also.  Personality is a big part of TV selling.  Look at Judith Ripka. She has a following.  Her family and associates can promote the jewelry, but it's not the same. People watch for her.  People watch for Chuck.

Some of Victoria's designs were similar to Chuck's. They both will bring out animal jewlery and offer items at various pricepoints. 

Victoria may not have the big-as-life personality of Chuck, but she has some great designs and brings a devoted following. I assume that people cross watch. If not, they have social media, etc. to help them track her down. She also will fills the CZ jewelry niche vacated by Sonia Bitton.

Respected Contributor

I ordered another earrings, this time by Chuck ,the small SB hoops. I know he is flaky, so I will return if I will not like them. I am mad that Heather did not show the small ones and kept modeling the large ( ugly on my opinion ). I so wanted to see how the small looks....Oh, what can I do....

So I will receive 3 pairs of different earrings and will pick 1 for the Valentine Day.

Esteemed Contributor

Nobody at Evine in the jewelry area has Chuck's star power. I buy from him because he can still it out of the park with a great piece or two. Victoria is hit or miss, too, but she brings a more ornate vibe.

ITA on HSN's offerings. They'e tanked. Last piece I bought was a ring of Colleen's with exquisite chrome diopside and london blue topaz...a substantial piece at a good pricd. But that was several years ago.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JavaQueen,

Sonia’s Galerie des bijoux was extraordinary, equivalent to the big French and Italian big names that we admire. She delivered quality, impeccable and unique design with first class color gemstones and diamonds. Not inexpensive however you got what you paid for. Nothing flimsy, heavy gold, loved her flex rings.

Then she did the cz and silver line to expand her clientele and she lost many like  moi🌻