Regular Contributor

I purchased the $4000.00 Vicenze watch but did take it to my jeweler. He said to skip it. The watch made in Italy doesn not have a track record and why pay for the gold if components are not well made.

Honored Contributor

If I were going to spend that kind of money, I might look at secondhand Omegas if there are any around still in that price range.

don't know that your jeweler is right or wrong - I just know that the Omega has a great track record, so it's a good alternative as long as you can find a reputable dealer.

Esteemed Contributor

I looked at it briefly, too but didn't order.

My first thought was who would recognize the brand?

Why not try a high end pawn shop that specializes in jewelery to see if they have a quality brand name in that price range?

Respected Contributor

Polar: your jeweler has a good point. The components of a watch, especially the movement, are very important. It doesn't make sense to pay lots of $$$ unless you are getting quality on the inside as well as the outside. It's not about the cache or lack of cache of a watch made outside of Switzerland, it's about the quality of the movement. Maybe he was able to judge that.

Honored Contributor

Probably just wanted her business LOL

Esteemed Contributor

For $4000.00 you can get a very nice gold & diamond watch with a Swiss movement. I saw Rolex watches in that price range today on a very reputable resale site.

My 14k Vincenze watch purchased at the Frazer outlet several years ago set me back $111.00. I wear other watches more often, including Concord, Raymond Weil and even Croton.

Super Contributor

When I tried to change the battery on my 14k QVC Vincenze watch they could not do it - useless junk

Super Contributor

When I tried to change the battery on my 14k QVC Vincenze watch they could not do it - useless junk

Honored Contributor

I own 4 Vicence watches and my husband has one.

I buy them for the gold presence not the components inside. (3 are solid gold watch bands, and no diamond accents.)

They tell time perfectly well, as good as a Walgreens watch and/or one from a Vanity Fair advertisement page.

Some people couldn't wear a watch that isn't Swiss made, I couldn't wear a watch that wasn't gold.

I've had people grab my wrist to admire mine and am pretty sure they weren't looking for the *name*. I don't mention that they're yellow or white gold and not goldtone, silvertone or stainless steel.

My jeweler actually asked if I was interested in selling one that I had on when I was getting a necklace repaired. Normally I specifically don't wear a watch when I go to my jewelers or the dentist. LOL. I am not made of money and don't want them to get that impression!

Respected Contributor

I haven't thought about my 14K vicenze watch in a long time. It sits in my jewelry box, bottom drawer. I like having a watch when I'm outside working in the barn and felt like it wasn't the right watch for that, so I put it away.

A few years ago I took it to the local jeweler for a new battery and he commented on how nice it was. He had no problem putting in the battery. If I could get back the $500 I spent on it, I'd sell it. But I bet my jeweler wouldn't offer me near that price.

-Kalli