Super Contributor
On 9/22/2014 chickenbutt said:

I went through the list of stuff and it was mostly costume - bronze, clad, silver, and resin-filled.

What gold I saw - I would agree that it was over-priced. Well, for that matter, I thought all the costume stuff was overpriced too.

Chickenbutt (btw, love your nicSmiley Happy)), silver is a precious metal....there is nothing costume about silver...the other metals, I agree with you on!!!
Honored Contributor
On 9/22/2014 stevieb said:

They should be ashamed to keep using the name. They've relegated this once proud line to nothing more than essentially costume jewelry comprised of too many bronze, crystal and fake diamond pieces. I love jewelry but no long consider these shows as 'must' viewing. In fact, I rarely even bother to tune them in anymore. I'm just not interested in most of this stuff, nor in seeing the hosts, and especially the buyer, trying to convince me that this stuff is anything other than what it is.

Stevie, it's really sad to see how dumbed down Q has gone over the years. And they wonder why their jewelry sales are flat to falling........

Super Contributor

They should be ashamed to keep using the name. They've relegated this once proud line to nothing more than essentially costume jewelry comprised of too many bronze, crystal and fake diamond pieces. I love jewelry but no long consider these shows as 'must' viewing. In fact, I rarely even bother to tune them in anymore. I'm just not interested in most of this stuff, nor in seeing the hosts, and especially the buyer, trying to convince me that this stuff is anything other than what it is.

Hi Stevie, Mom and I first tried Bronzo when it was a new line at the Q...both of us had problems with it tarnishing, which quite frankly, was one of its best selling points in my opinion! Crystals set in silver is so strange to me as well...they definitely are reminiscent of costume jewelry I can find locally at much lower pricing. There are also a ton of Oro Nuovo ( if thats your thing) pieces at TJMAXX up here...also at a lower pricepoint. Honestly, I only watch for a nice silver (nonclad) or gold piece to pop up...occasionally I find something, but not often. The Vicenza shows are significantly lacking, I must agree!
Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

Stevie, it's really sad to see how dumbed down Q has gone over the years. And they wonder why their jewelry sales are flat to falling........

Oh boy, CalmIn, they've SO missed the boat and now are apparently in too deep to bale out the sinking jewelry ship... Their response to the economic downturn was to put all their eggs in the costume basket and in the single gemstone beaten to death (first drusy, then black spinel and now Sleeping Beauty...) approach, and yes, now all they can say is that jewelry doesn't sell... Well, Q, look at what you're offering... If it isn't selling, maybe it's because your esteemed buyer (at least the hosts say so...) keeps buying the same thing for you to foist out there. I'll say it again, how about less bronze, fewer fake diamonds and crystals and a lot less 'gemstone of the moment'... By the way ladies, did you all know that mine is still closed...?

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 funwun said:

Hi Stevie, Mom and I first tried Bronzo when it was a new line at the Q...both of us had problems with it tarnishing, which quite frankly, was one of its best selling points in my opinion! Crystals set in silver is so strange to me as well...they definitely are reminiscent of costume jewelry I can find locally at much lower pricing. There are also a ton of Oro Nuovo ( if thats your thing) pieces at TJMAXX up here...also at a lower pricepoint. Honestly, I only watch for a nice silver (nonclad) or gold piece to pop up...occasionally I find something, but not often. The Vicenza shows are significantly lacking, I must agree!

Hey fun... I think what really took the cake for me was they sent Lisa to Italy, had her all dressed up and sitting there selling mostly bronze and crystals and other costume pieces... Don't get me wrong, I love the shows from Italy, but still, let's face it, there is affordable gold, silver and gemstone jewelry out there... Unfortunately, it appears the buyers are fixated on this stuff and can't seem to move past it... I like some bronze and some filled, but I also like silver, gold, garnets, citrines, and so on and on... It all gets back to the Q's across the board refusal to offer essential variety in their product mix and in the programming.

Honored Contributor

Oh and by the way, sticking the 'Gili' name on a piece of jewelry doesn't make me any more likely to see beyond what it really is or isn't...

Trusted Contributor

I looked at the preview email the Q sent me, and when I selected for only gold from the list, there was very little left to see. I don't even want to look at the bronze and crystal stuff because it doesn't interest me personally. Wanted to get something from the new gold, but just didn't see anything that jumped out and screamed "buy me!!"

Honored Contributor
On 9/23/2014 stevieb said:
On 9/23/2014 funwun said:

Hey fun... I think what really took the cake for me was they sent Lisa to Italy, had her all dressed up and sitting there selling mostly bronze and crystals and other costume pieces... Don't get me wrong, I love the shows from Italy, but still, let's face it, there is affordable gold, silver and gemstone jewelry out there... Unfortunately, it appears the buyers are fixated on this stuff and can't seem to move past it... I like some bronze and some filled, but I also like silver, gold, garnets, citrines, and so on and on... It all gets back to the Q's across the board refusal to offer essential variety in their product mix and in the programming.

Reminds me of their fixation on drusy.....and before that it was opaque gems that were mostly junk rocks.

Valued Contributor

Somebody is buying this stuff,because they are still selling it. Supply and demand? Recently for my 60th birthday I purchase from TJMAXX a John Hardy 22k and sterling silver ring and the retail price was listed for over $1,400 dollars.The ring is substantial,(I don't care if it's last year or before.... the same ring is on ebay...asking price is $1400.00) and well design and for a large ring it does not turn on the finger,it's balance, with taxes it was $568.00. I would have not bought a ring from any shopping channel for this kind of money that I could not touch and feel it. Unless you are dealing with a designer whose quality has not change... and even then it's a shot in the dark. Trying to save money on gold or silver, QVC is trying to get more bang for the buck. I rather have a few pieces that can stand up to the test of time. I have said in the past and the comment still stands, If they depend on my dollars they would be broke.

Regular Contributor
QVC at least tells the customer what the jewelry piece is made of. I do not like bronze, there is a reason it is given for 3rd place. I have not purchased jewelry from QVC in years. I was lucky to purchase a number of pieces when QVC offered top notch gold jewelry at great prices.