Contributor

Vicence Watch - Help Changing Battery

[ Edited ]

I see a new $3,500 Vicence watch on air today and it reminds me that my old Vicence watch still sits in my jewelry box with a dead battery and no jeweler in my area is willing to work on it to change the battery. There is no slit in the back to get it off. Now I'm stuck with a beautiful, expensive watch, that I cannot wear.

Does anyone have any sugguestions on who to contact to get this changed? 

As for the new watch they are showing...I'd be sure before your 30 days are up that you know someone who will change the battery when it dies.

Honored Contributor

Re: Vicence Watch - Help Changing Battery

"no jewler in my area is willing to work on it to change the battery."

I bet a jewlery repair koch in your local mall will change the battery.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@H2OSkiGirl wrote:

I see a new $3,500 Vicence watch on air today and it reminds me that my old Vicence watch still sits in my jewelry box with a dead batter and no jewler in my area is willing to work on it to change the battery. There is no slit in the back to get it off. Now I'm stuck with a beautiful, expensive watch, that I cannot wear.

As for the new watch they are showing...I'd be sure before your 30 days are up that you know someone who will change the battery when it dies.

Does the watch have screws holding the back on or is it a waterproof watch? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@H2OSkiGirl 

Is there a watch repair service in your area?

Respected Contributor

We use the Time After Time store for complex battery changes.

My husband has scuba watches which must be re-pressurized each time the battery is changed and they always do a good job!

Honored Contributor

@H2OSkiGirl wrote:

I see a new $3,500 Vicence watch on air today and it reminds me that my old Vicence watch still sits in my jewelry box with a dead batter and no jewler in my area is willing to work on it to change the battery. There is no slit in the back to get it off. Now I'm stuck with a beautiful, expensive watch, that I cannot wear.

You just need to keep trying different jewelry stores. Look for one that’s been in business for a long time. Ask if they work with a watch maker. If the watch does not have tiny screws like a Cartier, or is not waterproof, like an old Rolex Oyster Perpetual, it will be opened with the back popping off or by a tiny groove somewhere else. If you post the model number from the back of the watch, I’ll search to see if anyone has posted about opening it. 

Honored Contributor

@H2OSkiGirl wrote:

youtube?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@H2OSkiGirl wrote:

I suggest trying this website as they do service on Vicense watches; they specialize in many brands of luxury watches. I had to mail my watch out for battery replacement also and got it back in 2 weeks.

https://watchrepairsusa.com/vincence/watch-repair

Contributor

Wow...thank you all for your replies!

The watch does not have screws and it is not waterproof. The number on back is hard to read. It either says V3599454 or V8599454. 

The link to the Vicence watch repair looks promising. I will check that out!

Contributor

@H2OSkiGirl, I bought a 14k gold Vincence bracelet watch at a mall jewelry store while working in Maryland 20 years or so ago. The name meant nothing to me - I loved the bracelet design, and gold was still somewhat affordable. As soon as the first battery died, I ran into the same problem as you.

After many repair/replacement shops declined to touch the battery case for fear of damaging it, I tried a fine jewelry store. They referred me to a store that specialized in clock sales and repair. Now every 2-3 years, I drop off the watch and get it back 2 weeks later, clean, polished and with a fresh battery. The cost for the last service was around $125.