Honored Contributor

Re: Vault Item - Octagon Morganite Ring

I still love to look at gorgeous jewelry, but I wear less and less jewelry now than I used to, so I'm happy to look and not touch.

Honored Contributor

I really am not impressed by the gems on the Q and certainly not by their prices. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi   That is a really beautiful ring.  I love the softness of Morganite, especially set in rose gold and the tiny diamonds add just the right amount of sparkle.  Very pretty.

Respected Contributor

@Beantown Lass - I cannot answer your question regarding the sale price of that Morganite ring, but I will state that I am amazed at the price increase for that stone. Several years ago, I purchased a 19-20 ct. Morganite ring from a different network set in rose gold and it was priced at $1,999, which I thought was quite high back then, but the stone was incredible. As we all know, gold and gemstone jewelry is at very high prices, right now. Since your size in the ring you wish to purchase is not available, presently, you may want to use those 30 days to check around (as others have recommended) and see if you can locate the same stone shape, similar carat weight and setting in a Morganite ring at a lower price. Happy hunting! I hope you find your dream ring.

Honored Contributor

@Beantown Lass 

QVC PRICE:$6,249.00
Occasional Contributor

@Beantown Lass It's a beautiful ring, no doubt about it. I LOVE fine jewelry. It's pretty much all that I wear. That said, I would really, really want to see the piece in person prior to commiting to the price point that's being asked. Sure, you can return it if it's not what you hoped it would be, or it doesn't appraise at the purchase price (it's something you'd absolutely need to have insured), but why subject yourself to the hassle? 

~not a new poster, never been banned, every time I take a break I have to re-register for some unknown reason~
Super Contributor

Beantown Lass

I'm not sure if it's allowed to recommend another shopping channel or not. But, if you have a way to watch tvon I would look to see what they have. During the show you can ask for certain gemstones to be shown. I've bought several pieces from them. Or rather, my husband has seen the pieces, loved them, couldn't believe the great prices, and calls to order the piece for me.

They're only on from 9:00 to midnight most nights and during the day 12:00 to 3:00 pm. I've seen some beautiful Morganite rings on that channel for 1/2 the price qvc is charging. I'm not trying to put qvc down. I shop here a lot. I just don't buy their high dollar pieces of jewelry because I know I can get the same thing, or better, for a lot less.

The channel is 223 on Direct. I'm not sure about the channels like Dish. Again, it's tvon. I don't think their prices are that great on their website. But, they sure are when they have their shows.

Occasional Contributor

morganite ring

Even at the sale price the QVC one seems way too much.  Here is one set in 14K rose gold less than $1600 on Michael V's own GeV site and ring sizing is free. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

your ring is under 5K today. Peyton brings incredible stones. I would prefer QVC customer service over any other shopping channel, more so QVC return policy. I did not find Michael Valitutti quality anywhere near great. Several items I got were lightweight, and bent easily. Although it did fit well, the low metal weight make it a poor quality piece. 

I would second Le Vian, if you finbd what you like, it is a beautiful line.

Honored Contributor

I don't like a lot of gem stones.  Especially these pale color one with big faces and not very strong.  They fade. These kind of gems that lose their colors over the years.   I just care for sapphires/rubies that are heavily saturated and sturdy. I don't even care for Emeralds