Respected Contributor

Vault Discovery Pink Sapphire

Did anyone purchase this ring? There are no reviews and it sold out.  Would love to know what you thought of it. I am on waitlist.  Thanks

product thumbnail

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Vault Discovery Pink Sapphire

[ Edited ]

Personally , I would not buy any of those so called "Vault Discoveries "  unless they show the full inside of the ring . most  of  their  vault rings of $1000-$4000   are  never show cased properly  by showing  the inside to see if it is finished off or hollow  . Hosts  and Peyton   never show the inside . Also for all the talk of the  stone source  they do not say as to if the  " vault Romance card  "  contains any of that information  .  I have been displeased  with  a purchase that I made . Also I bought  " Vault Discovery " earrings   that were very pricey   but  acceptable  and nicely finished off   but  the stones were a little light in color  compared to other  pieces of jewelry that I bought elsewhere .

I did not  receive a romance card . Called customer service  and was told it did not qualify for the card   even though Peyton and  JT said it was a " Vault " piece.  QVC is definitely not my go to place for gold or precious stone jewelry. I am not  a fan of cutesy heart shaped jewelry of any kind .

Hope your ring is all that you wish for .

Respected Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL  I really wanted it, but its out of my price range.  Such a pretty ring, I hope that you enjoy it when you receive it Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Everything in Vault Discoveries is very pretty, and would be nice to wear, but in my opinion, overpriced.  Because Peyton is no longer a QVC employee, I am sure he sells those items at the highest price possible so he can earn a larger commission.

Peyton continues, as he did when he was a QVC buyer, to use thin, lightweight gold settings with single or very small low quality diamonds bead set (flimsy way to set diamonds) as accents to the lovely gemstones.

By the way, I really like Peyton and I think he is very knowledgeable, but working for QVC for so many years made him focus a lot on the profit for the company versus the artistry of the construction of the jewelry setting.  Judith Ripka used much heavier and sturdier settings in her gold jewelry, but sadly, she is now retired. (And yes, of course I know gold is more expensive now, but that does not mean I want a mediocre setting.)

I have purchased a ton of QVC jewelry over the many decades, but I do not buy any Vault Discoveries.  

if you really want a nice pink sapphire, try James Allen.

Honored Contributor

Most of those Vault items were a major disappoint to me, way overpriced!!!

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper On LindA Moss home shopping blog she states Ripka is going to JTV.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 - Just in case you may be unaware of this, the "romance card" included with a Vault Discoveries piece is not the same as the information about the piece that Peyton shares during the shows—the latter is specialized information he provides through his Facebook page so it can easily be saved or downloaded by customers or anyone who may be interested in a particular stone or jewelry item.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have 3 pink sapphires.  All purchased through Gem Shopping.  They are really lovely.  Different shades of pink.  One hot pink, one bubble gum pink and a deep pink. They are all rings.  And all with diamonds.  The metal are two platinum and one 18K white. Since I love corundum, most of my gems are sapphires. i've never purchased any gem from QVC.

Respected Contributor

I just bought a Vault discoveries Princess cut colors of sapphire tennis bracelet 7 ct from a secondary source which sold in 2016 on qvc.   It's absolutly beautiful, well made, bright clear stones and very colorfful.  It's bezel settings are strong and the bracelet is weighty and nicely crafted with a double locking clasp.   There are youtube video's of the bracelet which I watched before purchasing.  Because of this bracelet I have been watching for more nice vault pieces to add to my collection. I got my bracelet for less than it sold for in 2016 which is a great deal.  I live near Phillipsberg, Montana and couldn't buy the Montana sapphire ring QVC has in the Vault collection for that price in Montana. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never purchased any kind of color gem from QVC at all.  Not the place to buy them.  I usually buy from Gem Shopping Network. Or estate jewelry stores.  The name ought to tell you . I have several pink sapphires rings and pendants.  The only kind of gem I even like are corundum. I have yellow, pink, plenty of red (ruby) purple, etc.  All are set in either 14K, 18K or platinum with the usual diamonds as accents. I don't own any sapphire with silver.  My blue sapphire are true medium blue, none are dark. And I have one corn flower blue.  I've never had any sapphire from Montana (or any place in the U.S.)  All are from Myanmar (Burma) or Sri Lanka  & (Ceylon)