Respected Contributor

Using Pendants from other Makers on Jai chains??

The answer is unless they are enhancers, a pendant will probably not fit because the Jai lobster clasp assembly is so large on Jai chains.  I was saddened to realize this because i have some large pendants with large bails that i wanted to now wear on my new JAI 3.7 mm chain but they will not fit on any JAI because that clasp assembly is so large.    So i went in search of a heavy box chain that would accommodate my older pendants.  I went to a “made in the USA brand”, James Avery and looked around.  They have a extra heavy box chain in three sizes, up to 3.5 mm.  And i believe up to 40”.  So i purchased the 18” to try.  Under $100, including 2 day air shipping.  I can now wear my 80-90s pendants coordinated with more current pieces.  In the picture the Jai is the longer one and the JA is the shorter with the pendant.  The JA is a tad more square but honestly it is very hard to see the difference.  And JA gives me options to wear anything on the chain.  0FDBC893-495D-42E2-9A43-EA68E5F690F5.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Using Pendants from other Makers on Jai chains??

Looks great!!!!

Thanks for the info too!

Honored Contributor

Is there any chance that a jeweler can replace the clasp assembly?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette wrote:

Is there any chance that a jeweler can replace the clasp assembly?

Good question.  I don’t know.  I really didn’t have a grasp on the size of the assembly until i tried to put this pendant on it.  It has a really sizable bail, and no go on either the lobster claw or the connector end. And one more thing, even though the JA is a smaller traditional lobster claw it is easier to put on because it doesn’t move around.  

I will say that the Jai closure assembly is leaps and bounds prettier than the simple traditional JA assembly.  But that really didn’t matter cause I just wanted a box chain that would fit my older pieces.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie   Good buy and it looks great!  Thanks for the recommendation!

Esteemed Contributor

Did you see the JA spiga chain?  That is my all time favorite for a complex chain.  It has a small lobster too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

Did you see the JA spiga chain?  That is my all time favorite for a complex chain.  It has a small lobster too.

Yes I did!  I thought it looked a lot like the new JAI chain.  I am looking at the double chain forged circles chain.  Going to call one of their retail stores and see if they will send me pics of someone wearing both sizes.  Update:just called them.  Pics on the way.

Esteemed Contributor

Dang, you made me look!  Often if you scroll down there are photos at the bottom of each item.

Their rings (other then the littles) are a wonderful weight.  One of my rings is older than my kids.  Then the earrings.....

One of my favorite stores.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Dang, you made me look!  Often if you scroll down there are photos at the bottom of each item.

Their rings (other then the littles) are a wonderful weight.  One of my rings is older than my kids.  Then the earrings.....

One of my favorite stores.

LOL!  Here are the pics.  The 18-20” has my name on it i think.  (like those earrings too)D439994E-F0DF-4DA3-A247-7AEB071FD22D.jpeg4953AE8A-FFC6-4C4E-830B-0F3028B9CC59.jpeg