Trusted Contributor

Re: Upcoming Barbara Bixby TSV?!

[ Edited ]

I am glad I pre-ordered Barbara Bixby TSV bracelet.  I just wish it shipped. Why bother preordering... if the item ships with everybody elses orders, after the TSV airs. 

I own the Bixby paisley bracelet and have no problems at all with the magnetic closure? But, this bracelet is on a smaller scale and hoping the magnets are just as strong.

Esteemed Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Jane's wearing it on the dooney show and after seeing it, there's no way I'd pay over 400 for it.  Easy pass for me. 

Blingie, all 3 lengths are under 400.

I think I might get another color in her flower ring instead.  It's on 6 easy pays -- love that ring!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

it's an easy pass for me now since I received the early email to order it.  399.00 for a bracelet that only holds together with a magnet and center stones on it are white topaz instead of white zircons before tax and shipping?  I don't think so.  I just don't see the value in this at all.  It's a beautiful bracelet, but using a magnet to keep it closed is taking a huge risk of losing this.  There's no value in this tsv so it's an easy pass for me.  

@BlingQueen022   If I wanted a flower bracelet,  I would have picked the one on Evine yesterday with Ethiopian Opal.   It was very pretty. 

@Kachina624 I saw that one Kachina and it was gorgeous.  The one I wanted for a long time is the one that Chuck has that's all gemstones cut in flowers, but the price on it is just too expensive.   I believe it was close to 500 dollars.  It was reduced one time but it was still a bit too expensive for me to order.  Didn't want to chance if one of the link would have broken.  I won't be purchasing anything from this designer jewelru show because the Q just doesn't offer the sale prices like Evine does.  There's no incentive to purchase jewelry here anymore.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Jane's wearing it on the dooney show and after seeing it, there's no way I'd pay over 400 for it.  Easy pass for me. 

I think I might get another color in her flower ring instead.  It's on 6 easy pays -- love that ring!

@Sammycat1 My early advance email said for an 8 inch bracelet it was 399.00.  Add tax and shipping it comes to well over 400 dollars. I have three of her rings with that flower and if the bracelet was 199 I probably would have caved and bought it.  Having it 400 bucks is a bit much.  I just don't see the special value in purchasing this.  

Esteemed Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Sammycat1 My early advance email said for an 8 inch bracelet it was 399.00.  Add tax and shipping it comes to well over 400 dollars. I have three of her rings with that flower and if the bracelet was 199 I probably would have caved and bought it.  Having it 400 bucks is a bit much.  I just don't see the special value in purchasing this.  

Blingie, you math wizard you adding in the tax.  Smiley Happy  I have a flower bracelet very similar to this that the Q made about 15 years ago that complements the flower rings.  Didn't find anything at Tucson/Evine this go round ... although there were some sales, nothing jumped up and caught my attention except the single-row neon apatite ring of Michael's, but it sold out in my size.  More $$ for the next time!  Hope you enjoyed a sparkler if you picked one up.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Blingie, you math wizard you adding in the tax.  Smiley Happy  I have a flower bracelet very similar to this that the Q made about 15 years ago that complements the flower rings.  Didn't find anything at Tucson/Evine this go round ... although there were some sales, nothing jumped up and caught my attention except the single-row neon apatite ring of Michael's, but it sold out in my size.  More $$ for the next time!  Hope you enjoyed a sparkler if you picked one up.

@Sammycat1  Only ring that actually took my breath away Sammycat was this london blue flower ring and it was very inexpensive and it got all 5 star reviews.  When I watched the video my mouth dropped open.  

It's item number 151 794.  It's one of Chucks.  I haven't had a ring wow me in a while like this one did.  I so love london blue topaz.  That was my only purchase from the shows.  Nothing else really said buy me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BlingQueen022

That london blue flower ring of Chuck's is beyond gorgeous!  I need to have a report from you when you receive it -- you snagged a great one!

Esteemed Contributor

I have never bought any of the designer jewelry. First of all, I don't underrstand what is so designer about this jewelry. I think the prices are outrageous. Who pays this amount for jewelry that you probably do not wear that often. I have jewelry that was not designer and the prices for the silver jewelry was quite affordable. I think these shows are not for the average person. The TSV's of late have been so overpriced- Dooney & Burke, Philosophy, and the upcoming Royal Palace Rugs. They have lost much of my business due to the escalating prices and the quality of their products. I think it is hard to purchase items because you do not know what you are getting because the hosts have a way of spinning the products.

Super Contributor

The bracelet design is nice, not too flowery, but the gem colors do not look nice together. It's kind of clashing with itself. Not pleasing to the eye. 

Respected Contributor

I think the bracelet is very pretty and lovely, however the price is too expensive. Sterling Silver, Rhodium, little bit of 18K gold and the stones are not expensive. I am dissapointed in QVC's prices. I did enjoy Evine's Tuscon event though. At least at Evine I can find something affordable to buy.