Honored Contributor

Unusual offering from Gem Shopping Network this morning

This was at 6:00AM.  Turquoise....all set in 18K gold, yellow, white or rose.  All have some diamonds accents too.  They range in price from $300.00 to $2,000.00  depending on the carat weight. I usually see this stone in silver, not 18K.  They were also Turquoise from around the world. Lots of colors were the Sleeping Beauty variety to Persian.  Not my favorite stone (I don't like cabochon) but I know lots of people love this stone.. Gem Shoppping has cheaper (but nice gems) on their off hours.  Over night or early in the morning. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Unusual offering from Gem Shopping Network this morning

I have turquoise rings and earrings in yellow and rose gold.  I love how it looks in rose gold!  I wish it was easier to find.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird I saw that too for just a minute as I was flipping channels. I am also not a big fan of Turquoise, but I do love gold and was impressed with the "wheel" they showed. 

My favorite on this network is when they have the AAA tanzanite pieces for $595 per carat. Most of the rings etc are very large, usually over 5 carats. I am waiting for the perfect 10+ carat to speak to me and I will be all over it. Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Quality Turquoise set in gold is not new.  Tiffany did this.  SHOP/Evine used to sell lots of turq set in gold by Carlo Viani aka LeVian.  of course this was years ago when they sold a lot of gold jewelry with stones. Sleeping Beauty set in gold can be stunning and no it is not just for silver settings.

ed. typo

Honored Contributor

@CatsyCline @FlyersGirl @CalminHeart  The show was amazing.  I honestly never heard of Tourquise in 18K white, yellow & rose.  They had all different shades of blue with them.  The diamond accents helped in appearance of the jewelry. All this time, I assumed that stone was just for silver. I wasn't expecting 18K gold.

During the "off" hours they show some interesting gems.  They had an all "blues" show.  Blue Sapphires! I had no idea, of the different subtle shades of blue. These were all set in platinum with some diamonds of course.  These were a lot more expensive, but still lower then what you would see in a more prime time viewing hour.  They did not include the very costly sapphires of Kashmer & cornflower Ceylon variety. They've also had an all ruby show.  I thought the non Burma rubies just as nice in color as the Burma. Sometimes you can get a great sapphire or ruby close in color to the very pricy ones set in 18K or platinum with diamonds.

Respected Contributor

I have a Ceylon sapphire and diamond ring set in platinum. I get compliments when I wear it. It's one of my favorite rings. 

Respected Contributor

For the life of me I cannot "understand" this network.  The items being sold are out of this world, but they show the pieces for a few seconds, hardly mention or show item numbers and prices are a mystery to me.  I've seen some items upwards to $100k and more.  Maybe it's just me, but if I had that kind of money to spend, I'd go to a jewlery store to purchase. 

I've tried calling in to suggest they show jewlery on a model's hand so viewers can get an idea of what they would look like, but nobody answers the phone.  Who wants to see a big honkin' ring on some guy's hairy finger that is not manicured.  Even if the male host has a manicure, show these pieces on a woman. Strange 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker Prior to the pandemic, they almost always had a model on set to show rings, earrings etc. Now no model and when they have a guest on air you will notice that he/she sits far behind the host and some even appear only via skype. I also think it looks strange to see a man's hand modeling a woman's ring, but that is all we will get for now.