Honored Contributor

Ultrafine Herringbone

[ Edited ]

This came yesterday.  Love it!  This is the 20g one  18"  Didn't come in a big box like this.  This box is from my 18K omega.  I put them both in the box.necklace 2.jpg

Honored Contributor

@songbird Pure luxury...live your inner Egyptian Goddess!  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@songbird Pure luxury...live your inner Egyptian Goddess!  

They actually don't touch, even though the omega is wider.  I simply put the ultrafine inside the curve of the omega.  I don't think  anything will happen.  I've never put gold and silver together. Even though the Ultrafine has never tarnished.  They're always separate in my jewelry keeper.

Respected Contributor

I got enough of these when they were popular back in the day. I remember trying to roll out kinks with a pencil. Even if I succeeded in flattening it, it never looked right. I think I still have several but I don't wear them any more.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ultrafine Herringbone

[ Edited ]

@chessylady  My first silver herringbone.  I have an 18K one that I put away.  I've stopped wearing my 18K. Which is heavier then the silver one.  Too risky, so I'm going to wear the ultrafine one. I always keep it flat in the box.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird   How beautiful!  I love Ultra-fine for the non-tarnish factor too.  I had a beautiful herringbone in gold many years ago but it kinked & never looked right afterwards.  I ended up selling it for the gold weight.  Your silver one will sparkle in the summer sunshine.  Enjoy it!

Honored Contributor

@nova wrote:

@songbird   How beautiful!  I love Ultra-fine for the non-tarnish factor too.  I had a beautiful herringbone in gold many years ago but it kinked & never looked right afterwards.  I ended up selling it for the gold weight.  Your silver one will sparkle in the summer sunshine.  Enjoy it!

My sister had a gorgeous 14K Omega that weighed in 42 grams.  Her boyfriend gave it to her.  She made the mistake of falling asleep in it (actually a couple of times) It developed a kink. Very sad.  She eventually sold it for the gold. 

You should never sleep in any jewelry.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Ultrafine Herringbone

[ Edited ]

Because I almost always wear silver now, I sold my gold omega and herringbone necklaces along many other gold pieces in early January.  It was amazing neither had a kink. I was very happy with the check I got.  

@songbird  Enjoy your new jewelry.  You have great taste.

Honored Contributor

Ooooo LA LA  @songbird   Sing it girl, wear this stunner like yhou own the world!!!  Nice, 18K too. This one is gorgeous, but you will soon have two. I LOVE that herringbones are so back in style.

Not long ago I bought a new sterling herringbone, love it!

Back in the '80s when this style was so popular. Everyone have at least one around their neck. I did. I treated myself to two lengths just like you did, in 14K and a little narrower. I loved weawring both under a collared shirt, over a turtleneck  in the winter. 

Oh, enjoy your's, you will wear them well.

Honored Contributor

I have ordered these twice.

Once to fit a large handmade pendant/pin my DILove  gave me.  It didn't have a bail, per se, so I superglued the pin area shut once I put the necklace through.

The other I wear plain when a pendant necklace is too much.