Honored Contributor

Re: Ultra Fine ring came!

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@songbird 

I'm very familiar with UltraFine....I own many pieces--including the Q's original line of .999 UltraFine. If you like the current UltraFine, you'd go nuts over the more pure .999 version. It's far superior to the current line...kind of like the difference between 14k and 18k gold.

Although this is made in Italy, the company that owns this is in Thailand.  They also make pure gold.  24K  That's the standard in Asia.

Enjoy your new ring--it's very lustrous. I put it on my wishlist!

I have the other kind.  I checked my collection and yes it's the .999 version.  Both are great.  I'll repeate it again...they don't tarnish.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@songbird 

I'm very familiar with UltraFine....I own many pieces--including the Q's original line of .999 UltraFine. If you like the current UltraFine, you'd go nuts over the more pure .999 version. It's far superior to the current line...kind of like the difference between 14k and 18k gold.

Although this is made in Italy, the company that owns this is in Thailand.  They also make pure gold.  24K  That's the standard in Asia.

Enjoy your new ring--it's very lustrous. I put it on my wishlist!

I have the other kind.  I checked my collection and yes it's the .999 version.  Both are great.  I'll repeate it again...they don't tarnish.

@songbird 

I don't buy it for its lack of tarnish, frankly.  There are numerous silver and silver-blend products that achieve that goal (Palladium-silver, for one). All metals need a buff with a polishing cloth to maintain great shine. And quality sterling silver develops a lovely patina with wear.

I buy for its lack of cheap metals in the alloy that cause allergic dermatitis. 

The .999 isn't as "white," and reminds me more of a rich, deep 18k white goal than the current .950 product. Both lovely but different.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird 

Based on your glowing testimonial, I had to order this ring.  Smiley Happy

It came the other day, and it's stunning!  I immediately strapped it on with a bracelet in UltraFine. It's a very simple criss-cross design but nice.  My only complaint is that it fits snug compared to my other UltraFine rings because the tapering in back is more subtle.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

@songbird 

Based on your glowing testimonial, I had to order this ring.  Smiley Happy

It came the other day, and it's stunning!  I immediately strapped it on with a bracelet in UltraFine. It's a very simple criss-cross design but nice.  My only complaint is that it fits snug compared to my other UltraFine rings because the tapering in back is more subtle.

Yes.  Mine fit a little snugger then usually.  I love it though.  I had it on yesterday with two ultra fine bracelets.  Love that brand.  I love the color.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1   Here are some of my Ultra fine bracelets an a couple of chains   I never had to polish them.  

bracekets.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird 

Love that pic of some of your UltraFine.  We have the same pieces--great minds think alike, LOL.

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

It's so beautiful!  It's high polish and satin together.  Hard to photograph.  It's very bright icy white.  I was wrong about something though....It is NOT made in Thailand but in Italy.  The company of Ultra Fine is in Thailand.  But this is Italian made.

ultra ring.jpg

Pretty!  @songbird 

Who makes the round pendant shown on the right side of the photo?  It looks interesting.

Valued Contributor

@aubnwa01  That pendant is from Jai,also on waitlist.

Honored Contributor

@GRACIE wrote:

@aubnwa01  That pendant is from Jai,also on waitlist.

@GRACIE  @aubnwa01  @Sammycat1 That's for my sister.  It's beautiful.  Not that much of a JAI fan (I don't llike oxidation) but this one is whiter.  Not so much of the oxidation. It's her birthday gift.   Weighs a ton!  Big, thick and shiny.  One of my Ultra Fine chans with it   Here it is: Big Tree of Life JAI

neck1.jpg

neck 2.jpg

Valued Contributor

@songbird @aubnwa01 @Sammycat1 Order my tree of life with Mother and children pendant from Jai. Finally back in stock. I had been looking for a unique and different Mother pendant for my Birthday in September .This will be for my  2 sons and grandson,but also a remembrance of my mother and me,my sister and brother. i carry a pocket watch for the remembrance of my father,who never wore a wristwatch.