Esteemed Contributor

Re: Yellowed Opals from Michael V

@CatsyCline wrote:

Has anyone ever contacted Michael Valitutti regarding a jewelry issue?  I have this GEV Opal ring from Evine i purchased a few yrs ago.

Because opals are soft,   barely wore it, and only in the summer on occasion. the stones now are a wierd dull yellow color

a stone had fallen out and the rhodium has worn off the back of the band. not durable at all. it looks so beat up!   i buried the ring in white rice, supposed to remove any moisture. so far, no change.

weeks ago,  submitted a polite inquiry on his website and have not heard back. just wondering if he responds to customers who bought from Evine/ShopHQ

DetailImage

@CatsyClineDid you store it in an anti-tarnish jewelry keeper?

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

my ring. missing stone bottom right GEV_opal.jpg

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset   i have a silver safe jewelry cabinet.

Esteemed Contributor

I ws wondering if this might be the cause of your problem.  I have one too and it doesn't keep my silver tarnish free, but maybe whatever is used in the tarnish-free could have caused the problem?  Not sure @CatsyCline .  I'm sorry this happened to you.  Trying to look for reasons so that if you do get more opals you can learn how to store them if this was the case.

Michael V has his own website.  Check the internet and call his company.  Just mention it's a piece from a while ago and just ask if anything can be done.  He still sells jewelry there too. 

Good luck

Respected Contributor

Another view

sorry these are so huge!

GEV_opal_II.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyClineI did a google search and you are not the only one with this problem when it comes to these Ethiopian Opals.  Some people describe it as a ugly urine yellow??? 

Did you check Michael Valitutti's website?  It might be Gems En Vogue or just google his name and the website will pop up.  Call them.  Let us know what happens.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is challenging moderation

Honored Contributor

Try to think of that yellow color as golden, not urine.