Valued Contributor

UPDATE ON GENERATION GEMS RING

I posted a few weeks ago how disappointed I was in my Generation gems Buffalo stone ring. The stone fell out after 4 wearings. I had all sorts of good advice from others on the forum, and posted emails twice to the social team.  No answer at all.

Where is customer service at QVC? Non existent, I think.

I have decided to try my hand at repairing the ring with super glue. It's not that it cost so much, it's just that I have matching earrings and like the way the black and white stone looks with my black outfits.

Won't be buying any more jewelry from this site, that's for sure.

Honored Contributor

Re: UPDATE ON GENERATION GEMS RING

I think gluing is your best solution because even if they ship you another ring for free you might not like that stone.  They can be very different.  Sorry you are having trouble.

Honored Contributor

It was probably glued to begin with, which is why it fell out.  They put phony, nonfunctional prongs on many less expensive rings but they're actually held by glue, which is always going to fail eventually.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@zitawins @There are special jewelry glues. Amazon sells them. There are also many newer supply or jewelry makers supply companies online. Your bett bet is to use the right glue for the job. 

Valued Contributor

@Mindy D   Thanks for the tip. I didn't know there are special jewelry glues. Will try!

Honored Contributor

@zitawins  There are jewelry glues that adhere to metal. The best I've used is GOOP. Most glues like super glue are not meant for solid surfaces.