Respected Contributor

***UPDATE*** Does Anyone Else Happen To Have This Bracelet?

[ Edited ]

I purchased this from QVC many years ago, when gold was nowhere near expensive as it is now. It's a beautiful bracelet, but I had to take it to a jeweler to have a gold extension added, as the heart charm at either end gets in the way of the clasp and jump ring, making it difficult to fasten.

I was taken aback at the value amount written on my ticket before I remembered just how old it was. I can't tell you the last time I purchased gold. Anyway, I went online, and found it. This one has a price updated to reflect the current price of gold. Given the gram weight of this piece, it's not far off.

Screenshot_2020-01-10-18-14-27.png

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Else Happen To Have This Bracelet?

Truly beautiful 

Honored Contributor

I don't have it, but it's very pretty!Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Had this bracelet, until it fell off my wrist! That was about fifteen years ago. That bracelet was found by some lucky someone in a parking lot on a Sunday morning, remember it like it was yesterday. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I remember this one. Lucky you that you have it! The necklace was J02175 (pictured):

img20200110_18000091.jpg

Respected Contributor

For a while, QVC had beautiful jewelry, and not just gold, either. Once prices soared, they started offering cheaper gold. Imperial Gold disappeared, too. (I think it returned, made outside of the U.S.) Though I thought those pieces were gorgeous, the only thing I ever purchased in IG was an initial pendant, about which I continue to receive compliments. I can only imagine what THOSE bracelets are worth today!

Along with all of that, I also remember some necklaces being sold with some sort of plastic or "rope" in the middle. IOW, not solid gold, but I don't remember what it was called. And that information, didnt appear onscreen, either, and should have. After that, despite the fact that their selections no longer appealed to me, I just didn't trust QVC's gold anymore.

Super Contributor

@Moonlady I don't have it but I remember when QVC sold it.  They used to have such well made jewelry.  I bought a jade bracelet years ago that I love. Hang on to your beautiful bracelet.

Honored Contributor

I love charm bracelets.   This one is cute.  I bet it makes nice little charm noises when you wear it.  The main reason I like charms is the gentle sound of the charms.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady  I have this bracelet. I bought it when it first aired on QVC. I wish I could remember exactly what I paid for it. I'm thinking it was around $300. This was one of the most expensive jewelry purchases I ever made at QVC. The other one was a 14kt bi-color Tourmaline ring.

I haven't worn this bracelet in years. I agree that it's very difficult to fasten the bracelet because the charms are so close to the jump ring. DH always had to clasp it for me, LOL!

I can't believe the value of this bracelet today!!!! Eye watering for sure, especially since I would consider this bracelet fairly light weight.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmtThat sounds about right for the price. I do remember that it sold out in all sizes. With his large fingers, there's no way DH could ever help me with that tiny clasp lol. The extension will rectify that for me, and I can't wait to get it back--should be ready sometime this week.

FYI, I didn't remember the gram weight from the QVC purchase, but the jeweler provided the weight on my "repair" ticket--it's 14.96 grams (7.25"). One of my lightest, but it's all about fluctuating gold prices, and today that's almost $30/gram.