Honored Contributor

I have seen it in jewelry stores, but it has never really interested me.

Honored Contributor

I have two bangle bracelet with swarovski  stones and they are so pretty.  I don't care for the leather strap bracelets they are very hard to get on.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

wow! yes, a little pricy for silvertone.  Not unlike another very popular brand that seems to have quite the following.

@kittyloo  Pandora and Kendra Scott come to mind. These lines of jewelry are less expensive. What is QVC thinking?

Contributor

I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that thinks the prices for this silvertone jewelry are a bit much.  

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

@millieshops Most of their pieces are large and heavy.  I had a bracelet a couple years ago and returned it because it was so frustrating to work the closure.  I bought it on sale and I thought it was silver.  Turns out it wasn't.

@Equuleus  I recorded the 1AM show and watched this morning. Kourtney mistakenly called a piece “silver” and the vendor corrected her that it was silvertone...plated. That’s 2 very different processes. Silver plated means silver is actually applied to the metal whereas silvertone is any base metal that has a silver-like color....aluminum, lead, nickel, tin, zinc, etc. Either way, not being silver, the prices were ridiculously high and looked the same thing available at The Loft or J Jill for less money.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus agreed.  They keep mentioning that it's made in Spain.  I don't care where in the world it's made, if it's not silver I'm not paying that price.

Honored Contributor

I like the dragonfly necklace. Kind of expensive.

0500046175196-Silver-c790a5a5-.jpeg

Super Contributor

I can't understand these prices either for jewelry that's not real silver or gold. A couple of other things I don't understand. Earlier I was looking at jewelry here on QVC. I saw a $2500 diamond ring and on the inside it was stamped, China. No way would I pay that much for a piece made in China. The other thing is the grade of the diamonds. Almost all are H color and I2 clarity. I have ordered a few diamond pieces from here and HSN and was surprised to see the grades were much better than what the description said. I think this will be the worst quality you get maybe?  H color, I2 clarity. I probably should have made a seperate post about the diamond grades and pieces being made in China. Sorry about that.

The line you're speaking of, I don't see it lasting. I think the pieces will go on clearance because woman just aren't going to pay that much for costume jewelry.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Equuleus I thought the same thing about the prices when I saw "silvertone" in the description.  Sheesh I wouldn't pay those prices for good silver and certainly NOT for silvertone.  But each to their own.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@Equuleus I thought the same thing about the prices when I saw "silvertone" in the description.  Sheesh I wouldn't pay those prices for good silver and certainly NOT for silvertone.  But each to their own.

@GinaV24  If the jewelry line was silver instead of silver tone, the prices would be quite reasonable.