Honored Contributor

Two things now, I'm getting stuck on watching

Smoky Quartz, it just grabs my eyes and won't let go; and crosses. I'm not a collector, but I wanted a really, nice and pretty one. Found one the other day, that is Aquamarine. I know I'll love it, and it fits the bills.

I have a Smoky Quartz ring and bracelet, but there's just something about that gemstone I love.

Is there something catching your eye lately?

Honored Contributor

Re: Two things now, I'm getting stuck on watching

@qualitygal  I also really like Smokey Quartz....don't know why, its a brown stone, but I love it.

I have been taking photos of all my good jewerly and putting the date and price on individual index cards.....I feel like I have all that I need so buying more is not in my near future.   When I am 'gone' I want those that get my jewelry to know what they are getting, maybe I have to much time on my hands but I like being organized, ha!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs, exactly like me. I copied the picture, description, price I paid and when I purchased the pieces. I did it for the very same reason you did and I too, prefer to be organized that way. Even if we have time to do that, we earned it! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We used to see TONS of smoky here but not anymore.  So much so that I became really tired of seeing it all the time.

Years later I think jtv is 'reinventing' smoky quartz because lately I've seen a fair number of really great pieces.  It is a nice change back.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Smoky Quartz, it just grabs my eyes and won't let go; and crosses. I'm not a collector, but I wanted a really, nice and pretty one. Found one the other day, that is Aquamarine. I know I'll love it, and it fits the bills.

I have a Smoky Quartz ring and bracelet, but there's just something about that gemstone I love.

Is there something catching your eye lately?

I like smokey quartz,too.  I have a bracelet with small smokey stones but it sparkles alot. What I'm really liking is citrine..light,dark and anything in between.  I don't own any,but I'm looking.  Aquamarine is a beautiful gem,too.  Can be big $,depending. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

That's funny because to me, smokey quartz is sort of dead with little sparkle or depth.  I have a huge beautiful ring and pendant I got from Je Gems in Bangkok before the price of silver went up.  Spectacular silver work unlike anything you see today and I never wear either piece.  I've just got other pieces I prefer if I'm going for brown.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love rutilated smokey quartz, it's just gorgeous. But I don't have it jewelry and I think it shows itself better in large stones. 

I really love dark garnet and I love the london blue topaz ring that I got from QVC yesterday. I tend to like either very pale or very dark stones. I love moonstone and have a huge pendent somewhere between 20-30 cts and some beautiful earrings in that. I also love amethyst. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Interesting, I never wear anything brown, do not like brown colors. 

But, love, love smokey quarts, it has some noble look to it. I have a set in gold with garnets and a pair of Omar Torres large briolettes smokeys , tdf .

Honored Contributor

Smoky quartz is one of the few gemstones that I really don't like.  I suppose it's because I love color in my gemstones.  Lately, I have been having an affair with aquamarine.  It's my birthstone but I never owned any until recently.  I think because, the aqua in jewelry stones tends to be pale and wishy washy, some of it is a "non color".   Never liked it.  But the aqua that Jtv and the LC have is a lovely chrystal clear blie and I love it. I love it.  I have a couple of pendants and a big ring.  Now I'm looking for a pair of stud earrings in a substancial carat weight, meaning around 3cts.

Super Contributor

I like the idea of smokey quartz being mixed with pink or pinkish stones like rhodlite garnet. I've also seen some pieces that have morganite and smokey quartz that are really pretty. To me, smokey can look a little dull in white gold or silver so I perfer yellow or rose gold. Smokey quart can be beautiful if it's cut right and mixed with the right metals and gemstones, in my opinion.