Honored Contributor

Re: Turquoise evening and tomorrow

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue @anisha @sunshine 919  I beginning to think that Paul's BS is starting to rub off on Michael.  Certainly, his (Michael's) merchandise is better quality and I like the idea that there is someone to replace lost stones or do sizing.  However, I heard Michael actually say, "spiderweb, the most valuable turquoise in the world".  Excuse me?  I must have a fortune in my jewelry box because it's common and I have a lot of it.  He also throws around his personal grading system (must be because there's no official grading) of his turquoise being A grade or AAA, depending on the day of the week.

So buy what you like but take any and all comments with a grain of salt.  They may do disclosures but they make up a lot of untruths too.

Did anyone buy Paul's TTV necklace?  It appears the stones in it are glued in.  As the panned it you could see that some were slightly offset.  Anyway, if you got it, I'd also get the matching earrings just to have some stones to replace those in the necklace that might come loose.  You'll never be able to find him if you need help.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Kachina624, I only buy MV's SB turquoise. I have a couple of older SB and peridot pieces from Paul that my jeweller checked out at the time I bought them and they have held up fine. MV's SB is far better than Paul's. I agree with you about spider web turquoise, while it is rare it is not the rarest. I have seen some besutiful lander blue turquoise which can set one off a couple of grand !  Lander blue I believe is the rarest and most prized. I however like the clean SB and Persian turquoise better. Matter of personal choice . I agree one must be careful while buying and not be swayed by everything the vendors/ hosts say. Make intelligent choices. Thank you however for your words of caution, I appreciate you writing back here. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @SANNA , did you succumb yet or are you still holding strong ? Me,  I am so weak, I have bought a couple of pieces. 

Respected Contributor

@anisha wrote:

Hi @SANNA , did you succumb yet or are you still holding strong ? Me,  I am so weak, I have bought a couple of pieces. 

Hey Anisha, I am still holding strong. Lol . Not easy, I should say. I really loved a spider web bracelet, thank G-d it's sold out. I like MV SB ring with amethysts around. 

But I think I will hold. We just booked 10 day trip to Dominican Republic, I will bring my turquoise and coral pieces there to wear. Because that's what happens, I have a lot and then it just sits there.

This summer I also have 2 wedding, so I am hoping to wear my good things.

what did you get?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SANNA  You'll probably run across a lot of nice Larimar in the DR since that's where it comes from.  I got a beautiful pendant on some island (?) while on a cruise.  I later found a beautiful stone on eBay and had the seller, a silversmith, make me a ring.  I think the whole ring was just under $100.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SANNA  You'll probably run across a lot of nice Larimar in the DR since that's where it comes from.  I got a beautiful pendant on some island (?) while on a cruise.  I later found a beautiful stone on eBay and had the seller, a silversmith, make me a ring.  I think the whole ring was just under $100.

I will keep my eyes open. Lol !  The vendors usually come to our resort and set up a huge market. Our resort is large ( but we are staying at smaller adult section) , we go there for 10 years already.  It is possible to find a good stone, but I never found really nice jewelry pieces there.  So will see. I just want to swim and read my book under the palm tree.

Maybe duty free shops have something good.

Valued Contributor

I didn't know that this show was going to be on. I just happened to flick to see what was on. I never changed the channel all day. I was in awe watching all the different designers. I wanted to buy so much. Like potatoe chips if you buy one you can't stop. I don't know about turquise at all . So whatever they said I believed them. The other poster commented about PD and buyer beware. What did she mean? I loved watching Judy Crowell. She is a class act. I liked her designs very much. I had company last night so I missed the finale. Why doesn't the Q have shows like this. After watching this all day and then watching the Q this morning Boring. QVC has got to start broading their horizens and branch out and start presenting new ideas and shows to their customers. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@hovis wrote:

I didn't know that this show was going to be on. I just happened to flick to see what was on. I never changed the channel all day. I was in awe watching all the different designers. I wanted to buy so much. Like potatoe chips if you buy one you can't stop. I don't know about turquise at all . So whatever they said I believed them. The other poster commented about PD and buyer beware. What did she mean? I loved watching Judy Crowell. She is a class act. I liked her designs very much. I had company last night so I missed the finale. Why doesn't the Q have shows like this. After watching this all day and then watching the Q this morning Boring. QVC has got to start broading their horizens and branch out and start presenting new ideas and shows to their customers. Thanks.

They are on again. For the next 3 hours. Great stuff!!!

Respected Contributor

what a beautiful bracelet on air now..... $399 though, have to pass Smiley Sad((