Honored Contributor

I watched part of the Tova show today with Rick.  Tova showed her original diamond ring (huge round ring) that she copied for Diamondnique.  I know Tova was married to Ernest B. but other than that who is she?  Just curious.  The rings I saw from her show were very impressive.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Contributor

Yes, you are correct. She was married to Ernest Borgnine. At the age of seven, she came to the USA from Norway. She actually started out as a Beauty Expert and became an entrepreneur, in 1977, and founded the TOVA Corporation. She is known for four skincare products containing cactus extracts. Later, the TOVA Corporation grew to become a multimillion-dollar fragrance, color cosmetics and skincare enterprise. They have corporate offices in Beverly Hills, London, New York (and other places throughout Europe). Since 1991, Tova has been sharing her passion for beauty with television viewers, specifically at QVC, and is known as the “First Lady of Beauty" at QVC!

Respected Contributor

Tova has been on QVC for over 20 years. She was known for her parfum Tova Signature. She also brought skincare and cosmetics to QVC. Before QVC she was a makeup artist. She also had salons in Beverly Hills. The salons are closed now. After that is when she no longer brought skin care & makeup to QVC. Her model for the cosmetics was Denise, I forgot her last name now. She didn't start bringing her jewerly until after Ernie passed away.  

I remember seeing ads in the back of magaizines years ago, like ( 1980's or early 90's) for her parfum... Tova Signature.

Maybe there are others who can remember more than this. 

Honored Contributor

Ive never been a Tova fan.  IMO she's very pretentious.  I just wish she'd go away. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I purchased the blue sapphire/diamond ring she offered in Diamonique that were based on cufflinks she bought Ernest. Of course the sapphire is simulated too. It's absolutely gorgeous!!  I'm so impressed with her jewelry. 

I like her. She's spoken to me a few times on FB (or someone did lol, on her behalf. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I purchased the blue sapphire/diamond ring she offered in Diamonique that were based on cufflinks she bought Ernest. Of course the sapphire is simulated too. It's absolutely gorgeous!!  I'm so impressed with her jewelry. 

I like her. She's spoken to me a few times on FB (or someone did lol, on her behalf. 

It sure seems like she had a wonderful love affair with her husband Earnest B.  I love his movis Especially Marty.  I have not purchased any of her jewelry but the pieces are lovely.

Valued Contributor

How can you say bad things about Tova, she to me is a very classy and smart woman. I do wish she would bring her makeup back, ecspecally her mascara. Just wonderful.

Respected Contributor

Re: Tova and Diamondnique

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

Re: Tova and Diamondnique

[ Edited ]

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Ive never been a Tova fan.  IMO she's very pretentious.  I just wish she'd go away. 

@Kachina624 ~ I think it's an aire for tv audience and maybe when in public?  As far as her replica jewelry pieces with 

Diamonique, I think they're very nice and look much more realistic than what you see during typical Diamonique presentations.

Honored Contributor

I think Tova seems like a very lovely woman.  I like when she gives a glimpse of her life with Ernest B.  It's like when the vendor speaks about the Elizabeth Taylor jewelry and the stories he brings.  I like that kind of thing.

I do not, however, care for any of Tova's diamonique jewelry designs.  They are always far too much for my liking.  But it does offer customers a chance to see other designs than the typical, safe, run of the mill diamonique designs.